To get change your default hard drive, click Start and then choose Settings (or press Windows+I).
In the System window, choose the Storage tab on the left and then scroll down to the “Save locations” section on the right.
How do I change my default save location Windows 10?
While you can change the default location of the Documents folder via Documents properties or by editing the registry, Windows 10 makes things easier as you can do so via the Settings app. Next, click on Storage in the left pane. Scroll down a bit and find Change where new content is saved.
How do I change my default download drive?
Change download locations
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More Settings.
- At the bottom, click Advanced.
- Under the “Downloads” section, adjust your download settings: To change the default download location, click Change and select where you’d like your files to be saved.
How do I download directly to an external hard drive Windows 10?
To set an external hard disk drive as the default save location in Windows 10, you must follow the steps given below:
- Log on to your Windows 10 PC.
- Connect an external hard drive to the computer.
- Click the Start button when on the desktop screen.
- From the displayed Start menu, click Settings from the left section.
How do I change my default save location?
How to change Microsoft Office default save locations
- Click on the Office icon on the upper right of the window.
- Click on Word Options (or Excel Options, Powerpoint Options, etc.) at the bottom right of the dropdown menu.
- Navigate to the “Save” tab under Word Options.
- Cick “Browse” next to Default file location, and navigate to the desired directory for saving files.
How do I change the default picture location in Windows 10?
Change Default Folder Picture Windows 10 File Explorer. First, open File Explorer and right-click on the folder you want to change the default picture and choose Properties from the context menu. Then click the Customize tab and click the “Choose File” button.
How do I change my default desktop in Windows 10?
Just do the opposite.
- Click the Start button and then click the Settings command.
- At the Settings window, click the setting for Personalization.
- At the Personalization window, click the option for Start.
- In the right pane of the screen, the setting for “Use Start full screen” will be turned on.
How do I change default boot drive?
To specify the boot sequence:
- Start the computer and press ESC, F1, F2, F8 or F10 during the initial startup screen.
- Choose to enter BIOS setup.
- Use the arrow keys to select the BOOT tab.
- To give a CD or DVD drive boot sequence priority over the hard drive, move it to the first position in the list.
How do I make my D drive default Windows 10?
To get change your default hard drive, click Start and then choose Settings (or press Windows+I). In the System window, choose the Storage tab on the left and then scroll down to the “Save locations” section on the right.
How do I change my download settings in Windows 10?
1] Open the File Explorer on your Windows 10 PC. Right click on the Downloads in the left pane of your File Explorer, and select Properties. Go to the Location tab and enter the new path for your desired download folder. You can also move already downloaded files to the folder from here.
How do I change the default folder view in Windows 10?
Steps to Apply a Folder’s View to All Folders of Same Template Type in Windows 10
- Open Windows Explorer of File Explorer. Now change the Folder layout, view, icon size just as you prefer.
- Next, tap on the View tab and go to Options.
- Go to View tab, and click on Apply to Folders.
- It will ask for your confirmation.
How do I make OneDrive my default save location?
To set OneDrive as your default location to save your documents and files, follow these steps:
- Click the OneDrive icon in the notification area.
- Click the menu button (three-dots) in the top-right corner.
- Select the Settings option.
- Click the Auto Save tab.
How do I change the default save location in Excel 2010?
Excel 2010 For Dummies
- Click the File tab and then click Options. The Excel Options dialog box appears.
- Click the Save tab.
- Click in the Default File Location text box.
- Edit the existing path or replace it with the path to another folder in which you want all future workbooks to be saved.
- Click OK.
How do I change imported photos in Windows 10?
Windows 10 For Dummies
- Plug the phone or camera’s cable into your computer.
- Turn on your phone or camera (if it’s not already turned on) and wait for File Explorer to recognize it.
- Right-click your camera or phone, choose Import Pictures and Videos from the pop-up menu, and choose how to import your photos.
How do I change the location of my OneDrive in Windows 10?
How to relocate OneDrive folder on Windows 10
- Click theOneDrive (cloud) icon in the taskbar.
- Click the More button.
- Click on Settings.
- Click on the Accounts tab.
- Click the Unlink OneDrive option.
- Click the Unlink account button.
- Close the “Set up OneDrive” page (if applicable).
- Open the Run command (Windows key + R).
How do I change the target shortcut in Windows 10?
Right-click the File Explorer shortcut and click on the Properties menu item. When you get to the Properties screen, click on the Shortcut tab. Now, just like you did in Windows XP, you will change the Target box on this screen (Figure C) to include the switches and the location of your desired folder.
How do I get my desktop back to normal on Windows 10?
How to restore the old Windows desktop icons
- Open Settings.
- Click on Personalization.
- Click on Themes.
- Click the Desktop icons settings link.
- Check each icon you want to see on the desktop, including Computer (This PC), User’s Files, Network, Recycle Bin, and Control Panel.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK.
How do I make Windows 10 look like 7?
How to Make Windows 10 Look and Act More Like Windows 7
- Get a Windows 7-like Start Menu with Classic Shell.
- Make File Explorer Look and Act Like Windows Explorer.
- Add Color to the Window Title Bars.
- Remove the Cortana Box and Task View Button from the Taskbar.
- Play Games like Solitaire and Minesweeper Without Ads.
- Disable the Lock Screen (on Windows 10 Enterprise)
How do I change my monitor from 1 to 2 Windows 10?
How to adjust displays scale and layout on Windows 10
- Open Settings.
- Click on System.
- Click on Display.
- Under the “Select and rearrange displays” section, select the monitor that you want to adjust.
- Use the Change the size of text, apps, and other items drop-down menu to select the appropriate scale.
How do I change the default install location in Windows 10?
First, to change the default install location of Universal Windows Apps and content, make sure you’re running Windows 10 Build 1511 (released in November 2015) or newer, and then head to Settings > System > Storage.
How do I change the download location in Windows 10?
In Windows 10 you now have the ability to change the Windows Store download location for apps and games. To do that, go to Settings > System > Storage. Under the “Save locations” heading there is an option titled “New apps will save to:”. You can set this to any drive on your machine.
How do I see what’s downloading on Windows 10?
Either go to Start > File Explorer > This PC > Downloads or press Windows key+R then type: %userprofile%/downloads then hit Enter. You can also add a shortcut to the Start menu for Downloads. Press Windows key+I then click Personalization, select Start, amd click the link Choose which folders appear on Start.
Photo in the article by “Best & Worst Ever Photo Blog”