How do I change my default program back to original?
- click the “Start” button and select “Control Panel.”
- Click “Programs,” click “Default Programs”
- Select “Set Default Programs.”
- On the left of the screen is a list of all programs installed on your computer.
- Click the program you want to associate with a particular file type.
- Click “Choose Defaults for this program.”
How do I delete the default program for opening files in Windows 7?
- Click on Start and then Control Panel. …
- Click on the Programs link. …
- Click on the Make a file type always open in a specific program link under the Default Programs heading.
- In the Set Associations window, scroll down the list until you see the file extension that you want to change the default program for.
What are Windows 7 default programs?
Windows 7. A default program is the program that Windows uses when you open a particular type of file, such as a music file, an image, or a webpage. For example, if you have more than one web browser installed on your computer, you can choose one of them to be the default browser.
How do I reset what opens a file?
How to reset defalt programs to open files?
- Open Default Programs by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Default Programs.
- Click Associate a file type or protocol with a program.
- Click the file type or protocol that you want the program to act as the default for.
- Click Change program.
22 янв. 2010 г.
How do I change my settings always open?
For example, if you select the PDF Viewer app, you can undo that choice by following these steps:
- Open the Settings app.
- Choose Apps & Notifications. …
- Choose App info. …
- Choose the app that always opens. …
- On the app’s screen, choose Open by Default or Set as Default. …
- Tap the CLEAR DEFAULTS button.
How do I change the default program for EXE files in Windows 7?
Open the Control Panel (All Items view) and click on the Default Programs icon. Click on the Set your default programs link. In the left column, select (highlight) a listed program that you want to change it’s default file associations for.
How do I remove a file association in Windows 7?
Click Yes on the User Account Control dialog box that displays. On the Unassociate File Types main window, select the desired file extension from the File types list. To remove the user-specific, custom association, for the chosen file type, click the Remove file association (User) button.
How do I set the program to open a file?
Use the Open With command.
In File Explorer, right-click on a file whose default program you want to change. Select Open With > Choose Another App. Check the box that says “Always use this app to open . [file extension] files.” If the program you want to use is displayed, select it and click OK.
How do I set the default browser in Windows 7?
How to set a default browser in Windows 7 & Windows 8
- Open the Control Panel from the Windows Start menu.
- In the Control Panel, click Programs. …
- Select Default Programs.
- Select Set your default programs.
- From the list of installed programs on the left, choose your desired default browser.
23 сент. 2020 г.
How do I fix windows 7 open with problem?
- Click the Startbutton and type regedit in the Search box.
- Right-click Regedit.exe in the returned list and click Run as administrator.
- Browse to the following registry key: …
- With .exe selected, right-click (Default) and click Modify…
- Change the Value data: to exefile.
How do I change my default PDF reader in Windows 7?
- Follow the menu path Start > Default Programs > Associate a file type or protocol with a specific program.
- Highlight . pdf, then click Change.
- Choose your preferred PDF viewer, such as Adobe Reader.
16 июл. 2020 г.
How do I change the default application for a file type?
- When sharing a file to another app in Android, note which app is opening automatically.
- Go to Settings.
- Go to Apps.
- Select the app that is currently the default launcher for a certain file type.
- Scroll down to “Launch By Default”.
- Tap “Clear Defaults”.
How do I remove the default program to open files in Windows 10?
Remove default app by file type
- Open Settings.
- Navigate to Apps > Defaults Apps.
- Go to the bottom of the page and click the Reset button under Reset to the Microsoft recommended defaults.
- This will reset all file type and protocol associations to the Microsoft recommended defaults.
18 апр. 2020 г.
How do I restore default files and icons in Windows 7?
In Windows 7: click the Start menu and then choose Control Panel. Set the View by to Small icons and then choose Default Programs. In Windows 10 & Windows 8.1: Right click on the Start menu and then choose Control Panel. Set the View by to Small icons and then choose Default Programs.