How do I reinstall my DVD drive in Windows 7?
In the System Properties window, click the Hardware tab. On the Hardware tab, in the Device Manager box, click the Device Manager button. In the Device Manager window, click the DVD/CD-ROM icon. Under the DVD/CD-ROM icon, click to select the drive to be reinstalled.
How do I find my DVD drive on Windows 7?
You can reinstall the drivers for the CD/DVD drive by going to Start, Control Panel, System and Security, System and then clicking on Device Manager.
How do I uninstall a DVD drive?
Step 1: Removing the drive from Device Manager
- Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
- Click the Hardware tab, and then click the Device Manager button.
- Click the plus sign (+) next to DVD/CD-ROM drives.
- Right-click the drive you want to remove. …
- Click Uninstall.
Why is my computer not showing my DVD drive?
Check the drive name in Device Manager, and then reinstall the drive in Device Manager to determine if Windows is able to recognize the drive. In Windows, search for and open Device Manager. Double-click DVD/CD-ROM drives to expand the category. If DVD/CD-ROM drives is not in the list, skip to Reset the computer power.
How do you fix a DVD that won’t play?
My DVD Won’t Play
- Clean the Disc. Dampen a soft cloth or paper towel. …
- Test the Disc and Machine. Play the disc in a different machine. …
- Troubleshoot DVD & TV Connections. Unplug the cables connecting the DVD player to the television. …
- Last Resorts. Buy a DVD laser lens cleaner disc.
How do I check if my DVD drive is working?
Verify the optical disk drive is recognized in Device Manager
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
- In the Run dialog box, type devmgmt. msc then press the Enter key.
- In the Device Manager window, expand DVD/CD-ROM drives. Verify that the optical disk drive is listed.
How do I enable my DVD drive?
How to Enable or Disable CD/DVD ROM (Win XP/Vista/7/8)
- Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories, then right click on Command Prompt and select “Run as administrator”
- In the Command Prompt write the following command and press enter: To Enable CD/DVD-Rom: …
- Restart your PC and check if the CD/DVD-ROM is enabled/disabled accordingly.
31 окт. 2012 г.
When I put a CD in my computer nothing happens Windows 7?
What’s most likely happened is that the “auto run” feature has been turned off – either on your system or on that specific drive. That means that by definition nothing happens when you insert a disc.
How do I open my DVD drive on my computer?
In Windows 7 or Windows Vista, click Start , and then click Computer. In earlier versions of Windows, click Start, and then click My Computer. Right-click the icon for the disc drive that is stuck, and then click Eject. The disc tray should open.
How do I uninstall and reinstall my DVD drive?
Uninstall and Reinstall the Driver
- Launch Device Manager. Right-click the Start menu and select Device Manager.
- Right-Click Your Device. Double-click to expand the DVD/CD-ROM section, then right-click your device.
- Uninstall Your Device. Click Uninstall device.
- Reboot Your Computer.
How do I install a program from a DVD drive?
Installing software using a USB thumb drive
- Insert the software installation disc into the CD/DVD drive.
- If an AutoPlay window appears, click Open folder to view files. …
- Select all files and folders, then right-click and select Copy. …
- Insert a USB thumb drive into a USB port on the computer that has a CD/DVD drive.
How do I fix the CD DVD icon not showing up on my computer?
Optical Drives (CD/DVD) Icon Not Showing in My Computer Window
- Type regedit in RUN dialog box and press Enter. It’ll open Registry Editor.
- Now go to following key: …
- Look for “UpperFilters” and “LowerFilters” strings in right-side pane. …
- Restart the system and now you should have access to your optical drives.
20 февр. 2016 г.
Why can’t I play dvds on Windows 10?
Microsoft has removed the built-in support for video DVD playing in Windows 10. Therefore DVD playback is more troublesome on Windows 10 than on previous versions. … So we recommend you to use VLC player, a free third party player with DVD support integrated. Open VLC media player, click Media and select Open Disc.
Why my CD-ROM is not detected?
If the CD-ROM works in Safe Mode but not in normal Windows, a running program is causing the issue, or the drivers are corrupt. Open Device Manager, highlight and remove the CD-ROM by pressing the delete key. After deleting the CD-ROM, reboot the computer. Windows should then detect the CD-ROM and reinstall it.