Open the file that you’d like to share > tap the share icon > tap Nearby Share. Your phone will now start searching for devices nearby. The person you’re sending the file to will also need to enable Nearby Share on their Android phone. Once your phone detects the receiver’s phone, you simply tap their device name.
How do I share files between two Android devices?
Tap the Share icon and then select Nearby Share. At the Nearby Share screen, wait for any nearby devices to appear, then tap the name of the device to which you want to share the file. Any nearby device that has Nearby Share activated displays a notification prompting the user to make their device visible.
How do I transfer everything from one phone to another?
How to back up data on your old Android phone
- Open Settings from the app drawer or home screen.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- Go to the System menu.
- Tap Backup.
- Make sure the toggle for Back up to Google Drive is set to On.
- Hit Back up now to sync the latest data on the phone with Google Drive.
How do I transfer data from my old Android to my new one?
Open the settings app on your old Android phone and then go to the Backup and reset or the Backup and restore settings page based on your Android version and phone manufacturer. Select the Backup my data from this page and then enable it if not already enabled.
How do I link two phones together?
Go to the phone settings and switch on its Bluetooth feature from here. Pair the two cell phones. Take one of the phones, and using its Bluetooth application, look for the second phone you have. After turning on the Bluetooth of the two phones, it should automatically display the other on the “Nearby Devices” list.
How do I transfer apps between devices?
Here’s how to transfer apps using the wireless method, which is the most straightforward.
- Launch Smart Switch on your new phone.
- Select Wireless > Receive > Android.
- Open Smart Switch on your old device.
- Tap Wireless > Send.
- Follow the screen prompts on your new device.
How can I switch my phone without losing everything?
Method 2. Use Google Drive to transfer Android data to new phone
- Go to Settings on Android phone/tablet > Press Backup & reset in Personal section;
- Check the box next to Back up my data;
Do I need to backup my phone before getting a new one?
The first thing you should do is properly back up your phone’s files, so you can access them later. You may want to load them back onto your new phone or at the very least, access your photos and videos on a computer or television in the future.
What happens if you take out your SIM card and put it in another phone?
When you move your SIM to another phone, you keep the same cell phone service. SIM cards make it easy for you to have multiple phone numbers so you can switch between them whenever you like. … In contrast, only SIM cards from a specific cell phone company will work in its locked phones.
How do I transfer photos from old Android to new android?
How to transfer photos and videos to your new Android phone
- Open the Photos app on your Android device.
- Tap on the menu in the top left corner of the screen (the 3 lines, otherwise known as a hamburger menu).
- Select Settings > Back Up Sync.
- Make sure you toggle Backup & Sync to ‘on’
How do you transfer pictures from one galaxy phone to another?
Transfer content with a USB cable
- Connect the phones with the old phone’s USB cable. …
- Launch Smart Switch on both phones.
- Tap Send data on the old phone, tap Receive data on the new phone, and then tap Cable on both phones. …
- Select the data you want transferred to the new phone. …
- When you are ready to start, tap Transfer.
How do I transfer data from my old iphone to my new Samsung?
Connect the two phones using the iOS phone’s lightning cable and the USB-OTG adapter that came with your Galaxy phone. Tap Trust on the iOS phone. Tap Next on the Galaxy phone. Select the content you want to transfer, and then tap Transfer.