How do I block a specific Windows Update?
To prevent the automatic installation of a specific Windows Update or an updated driver on Windows 10:
- Download and save the “Show or hide updates” troubleshooter tool on your computer. …
- Run the Show or hide updates tool and select Next at first screen.
- At the next screen choose Hide Updates.
How do I block unwanted Windows 10 updates?
Using Show or hide updates to hide Windows updates
- Step 1: Click here to download Show or hide updates utility.
- Step 2: Run the utility. …
- Step 3: When you see the following screen, click Hide updates to view all available Windows and driver updates.
- Step 4: Select the updates that you want to hide.
How do I temporarily disable driver updates?
How to temporarily prevent a Windows or driver update in Windows…
- Tap or click Next to start checking for updates. Tap or click Hide updates.
- If there are updates available, check the box next to the update that you do not want to install and tap or click Next.
- Close the troubleshooter and open Settings > Update & Security.
21 авг. 2015 г.
How do I temporarily disable a driver from reinstalling?
To prevent the driver from being reinstalled by Windows Update, use the “Show or Hide Updates” troubleshooter to hide the driver. Window Update won’t install hidden drivers or updates.
Do not include drivers with Windows Update?
To stop Windows Update downloading drivers, enable Do not include drivers with Windows Updates under Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update. If you want to change the setting in local policy, open the Group Policy Object Editor by typing gpedit.
What is the best way to update device driver?
Update the device driver
- In the search box on the taskbar, enter device manager, then select Device Manager.
- Select a category to see names of devices, then right-click (or press and hold) the one you’d like to update.
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Select Update Driver.
Where do you most often find device drivers for hardware?
Typically, the Logical Device Driver (LDD) is written by the operating system vendor, while the Physical Device Driver (PDD) is implemented by the device vendor.
How do I stop Windows Update from installing drivers?
Under Devices, right-click the icon for the computer, and then click Device installation settings. A new window pops up asking you whether you want Windows to download driver software. Click to select No, let me choose what to do, select Never install driver software from Windows update, and then click Save Changes.