you can use Process Explorer from Sysinternals. Open Procexp as admin, and then go to File -> Run as Limited User . A run bar will appear, and you can enter cmd or whatever else you want. technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals You are correct, Runas will always elevate if the user is capable of elevation.
How do I run a Command Prompt as administrator without admin rights?
To force the regedit.exe to run without the administrator privileges and to suppress the UAC prompt, simple drag the EXE file you want to start to this BAT file on the desktop. Then the Registry Editor should start without a UAC prompt and without entering an administrator password.
How do I bypass run as administrator?
- a. Log in as an administrator.
- b. Navigate to the program`s .exe file.
- c. Right click on it and select Properties.
- d. Click Security. Click Edit.
- e. Select the user and place a check mark on Full Control under “Allow” in “Permissions for”.
- f. Click Apply and OK.
Can you run as administrator without admin rights?
It is possible to run the program without admin privileges for normal operations. For instance, we can manually grant permissions for our users on the app folder in the ProgramFiles and/or registry keys used by the program.
How do I open Command Prompt without permission?
Enter the path to Command Prompt.
Type in C:WindowsSystem32cmd.exe and then press ↵ Enter . This will open Command Prompt if it’s available on your computer. If Command Prompt opens but won’t allow you to type, it’s administrator-locked, meaning you won’t be able to use Command Prompt on your current account.
How do I change to administrator in cmd?
Open the Command Prompt with Administrative Privileges
- Click the Start icon and click in the Search box.
- Type cmd into the search box. You will see the cmd (Command Prompt) in the search window.
- Hover the mouse over the cmd program and right-click.
- Select “Run as administrator”.
How do I make a program not require administrator?
How to not require admin password on certain programs? (Windows…
- Drag the game launcher from the start menu to the desktop. …
- Right click on the shortcut on the desktop and press Properties.
- Go to the Compatibility tab.
- Press Change settings for all users.
- Check Run this program as an administrator.
How do I give myself administrator privileges Windows 10?
How to change user account type using Settings
- Open Settings.
- Click on Accounts.
- Click on Family & other users.
- Under the “Your family” or “Other users” section, select the user account.
- Click the Change account type button. …
- Select the Administrator or Standard User account type. …
- Click the OK button.
How do I run as administrator?
Click the start button and navigate to the command prompt (Start > All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt). 2. Make sure that you right click on the command prompt application and choose Run as Administrator. 3.
How do I force a Command Prompt to open?
Open Command Prompt from the Run Box
Press Windows+R to open “Run” box. Type “cmd” and then click “OK” to open a regular Command Prompt. Type “cmd” and then press Ctrl+Shift+Enter to open an administrator Command Prompt.