Select “General,” then scroll down until you see “Remove everything and reinstall Windows.” Click on “Get Started,” then select “Next.” Select “Clean the drive fully.” This option wipes your hard drive, and reinstalls Windows 8 like new. Click on “Reset” to confirm that you want to reinstall Windows 8.
How do I restore Windows 8 to factory settings without a disk?
Refresh without installation media
- Boot into the system and go to Computer > C: , where C: is the drive where your Windows is installed on.
- Create a new folder. …
- Insert the Windows 8/8.1 installation media and go to the Source folder. …
- Copy the install.wim file.
- Paste the install.wim file to the Win8 folder.
Can you restore a computer to factory settings without a disk?
Restore without installation CD/DVD
Or, you can run System Restore via the System Recovery Options menu: Turn the computer and press the F8 key as above. When you are at the Advanced Boot Options screen, choose Repair Your Computer. … At the System Recovery Options window, choose System Restore.
How do I factory reset a Windows 8 computer?
How To Perform a Hard Reset in Windows 8
- Hover your mouse over the right top (or right bottom) corner of your screen to bring up the Charms menu.
- Select Settings.
- Select More PC Settings at the bottom.
- Select General then select either Refresh or Reset.
How can I repair my Windows 8?
To do so, follow these steps:
- Insert the original installation DVD or USB Drive. …
- Restart your computer.
- Boot from the disc/USB.
- At the Install screen, click Repair your computer or press R.
- Click Troubleshoot.
- Click Command Prompt.
- Type these commands: bootrec /FixMbr bootrec /FixBoot bootrec /ScanOs bootrec /RebuildBcd.
How do I factory reset my HP laptop Windows 8 without a disk?
To do this, you need to open the Choose an option screen.
- Start your computer and press the F11 key repeatedly. …
- On the Choose an option screen, click Troubleshoot.
- Click Reset your PC.
- On the Reset your PC screen, click Next. …
- Read and respond to any screens that open.
- Wait while Windows resets your computer.
How do I reinstall Windows without a disk?
How do I reinstall Windows without a disk?
- Go to “Start” > “Settings” > “Update & Security” > “Recovery”.
- Under “Reset this PC option”, tap “Get Started”.
- Choose “Remove everything” and then choose to “Remove files and clean the drive”.
- Finally, click “Reset” to begin reinstalling Windows 10.
Can I download a Windows 8.1 recovery disk?
A Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 installation DVD can be used to recover your computer. … Our recovery disk, called Easy Recovery Essentials, is an ISO image that you can download today and burn to any CDs, DVDs or USB drives. You can boot from our disk to recover or repair your broken computer.
How do I reinstall Windows 8.1 from BIOS?
A clean installation: Turn on PC – BIOS settings (boot from CD/DVD) – Installation.
A Windows 8 clean install through DVD or USB:
- Run DVD from BIOS,
- BIOS Ami bios settings for notebooks,
- BIOS Award settings for PC,
- Create partitions,
- Format a hard drive,
- Identify and find drivers manually or automatically.
How do I wipe my Windows 7 computer clean?
1. Click Start, then choose “Control Panel.” Click “System and Security,” then choose “Restore Your Computer to an Earlier Time” in the Action Center section. 2. Click “Advanced Recovery Methods,” then choose “Return Your Computer to Factory Condition.”
How do you Reset your computer to factory?
Navigate to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery. You should see a title that says “Reset this PC.” Click Get Started. You can either select Keep My Files or Remove Everything. The former resets your options to default and removes uninstalled apps, like browsers, but keeps your data intact.
How do I wipe my hard drive Windows 7 without a disk?
Method 1: Reset your computer from your recovery partition
- 2) Right-click Computer, then select Manage.
- 3) Click Storage, then Disk Management.
- 3) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and type recovery. …
- 4) Click Advanced recovery methods.
- 5) Select Reinstall Windows.
- 6) Click Yes.
- 7) Click Back up now.
How do you get into Windows 8 if you forgot your password?
If you’ve forgotten your Windows 8.1 password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
- If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
- If you’re using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. …
- If you’re using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.