What is my default browser on this computer?
On your computer, open Chrome. Click Settings. In the “Default browser” section, click Make default. If you don’t see the button, Google Chrome is already your default browser.
How do I stop Google Chrome from being my default browser?
The first is to right-click on your Windows taskbar, select Properties and choose the Start Menu tab. From here, click Customize and on the General tab change the Internet browser option from the selection in the drop-down menu from Google Chrome to your browser of choice. Then click OK.
How do I change my default Web browser?
Set Chrome as your default web browser
- On your Android, open Settings .
- Tap Apps & notifications.
- At the bottom, tap Advanced.
- Tap Default apps.
- Tap Browser App Chrome .
Where is browser settings?
in the upper-right corner of the browser window. In the drop-down menu that appears, near the bottom, select Settings.
What is the default browser of Windows 10?
The Windows Settings app will open with the Choose default apps screen. Scroll down and click the entry under Web browser. In this case, the icon will say either Microsoft Edge or Choose your default browser. In the Choose an app screen, click Firefox to set it as the default browser.
Why does Windows 10 keep changing my default browser?
The file association (or browser defaults) reset occurs if a software running in your computer changes the file association settings by itself. Windows 8 and 10 are different; where a hash algorithm is in place for verifying file type associations.
How do I remove Google Chrome as my default browser in Windows 10?
Change your default browser in Windows 10
- Select the Start button, and then type Default apps.
- In the search results, select Default apps.
- Under Web browser, select the browser currently listed, and then select Microsoft Edge or another browser.
How do I disable my default browser?
Option 1 – Via Internet Options
- Select the “Start” button, then type “Internet Options“.
- Open “Internet Options“.
- Select the “Advanced” tab.
- Scroll down a bit to the “Browsing” section. Check or uncheck the “Tell me if Internet Explorer is not the default web browser” as desired.
How can I set Google as my default browser?
Make Google your default search engine
- Click the Tools icon at the far right of the browser window.
- Select Internet options.
- In the General tab, find the Search section and click Settings.
- Select Google.
- Click Set as default and click Close.
How do I change my default browser in MIUI 11?
Steps to Set Chrome as the Default Browser on Xiaomi Phones
- 1] On your Xiaomi phone, open Settings and head to the Apps section.
- 2] Here, click on Manage Apps.
- 3] On the next page, click the three-dot menu on the top-right corner and select Default Apps.
- 4] Tap on Browser and select Chrome.
How do I switch my default Google account?
To begin, swipe down from the top of your Android smartphone or tablet’s screen (once or twice depending on the manufacturer) and then tap the gear icon to open the “Settings” menu. Scroll down the Settings list and select “Google.” Your default Google account will be listed at the top of the screen.
How do I fix browser problems?
First: Try these common Chrome crash fixes
- Close other tabs, extensions, and apps. …
- Restart Chrome. …
- Restart your computer. …
- Check for malware. …
- Open the page in another browser. …
- Fix network issues and report website problems. …
- Fix problem apps (Windows computers only) …
- Check to see if Chrome is already open.
How do I change my browser settings in Internet Explorer?
Open Internet Explorer, select Tools > Internet options. Select the Advanced tab. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, select Reset. In the box, Are you sure you want to reset all Internet Explorer settings?, select Reset.
Where are my browser settings in Windows 10?
- Click Start, then click the Windows 10 Settings icon (which looks like a wheel).
- Click the Apps icon. …
- On the right, scroll down to the web browser entry; chances are good it says Microsoft Edge. …
- Choose the browser that you want to turn into your default browser.