Click Pin to Start, or drag and drop it into the tile section of the Start menu. To unpin a tile, right-click the tile and click Unpin from Start.
How do I remove tiles from the Start menu in Windows 10?
Remove Tiles Altogether in Windows 10
- Select the Windows Start button to open the menu.
- Next, right-click a tile and click Unpin from Start, repeat for all tiles.
How do I get my start menu back to normal in Windows 10?
How to Switch Between Start Screen and Start Menu in Windows 10
- Right click on the taskbar and select Properties.
- Select the Start Menu tab. …
- Toggle “Use the Start menu instead of the Start screen” to on or off. …
- Click “Sign out and change settings.” You will have to sign back in to get the new menu.
How do you unpin the official homepage tile from the Start menu?
Just right-click a tile and select “Unpin From Start” to remove it. Or, if you’re using a touch screen, long-press each tile instead. You’ll just have to do it the slow way, one by one. You can then easily pin your favorite application shortcuts to the Start menu.
Can’t remove tiles Start menu?
Windows 10 I can’t remove a tile from the start menu.
- Press the Windows ( ) key to open the Start screen.
- Right-click on the tile you want to remove.
- Select Unpin from Start to remove the tile.
How do I enable tiles in Windows 10 Start menu?
Just head to Settings > Personalization > Start and turn on the “Show more tiles on Start” option. With the “Show more tiles on Start” option on, you can see that the tile column has expanded by the width of one medium-sized tile.
What happened to my Start menu in Windows 10?
Log out and log back into your account. According to users, if Start Menu disappears from Windows 10, you might be able to solve the problem simply by logging out and logging back in. … Now choose Log Out from the menu. Wait for a few seconds and then sign back into your account.
How do I fix Windows Start menu?
How to Fix Windows 10 Start Menu Not Opening
- Sign Out of Your Microsoft Account. …
- Restart Windows Explorer. …
- Check for Windows Updates. …
- Scan for Corrupt System Files. …
- Clear Cortana Temporary Files. …
- Uninstall or Fix Dropbox.
How do I switch back to Windows on my desktop?
How to Get to the Desktop in Windows 10
- Click the icon in the lower right corner of the screen. It looks like a tiny rectangle that’s next to your notification icon. …
- Right click on the taskbar. …
- Select Show the desktop from the menu.
- Hit Windows Key + D to toggle back and forth from the desktop.
How do I add to my Start menu?
Click the Start button and then click the words All Apps in the menu’s lower-left corner. The Start menu presents an alphabetical list of all your installed apps and programs. Right-click the item you want to appear on the Start menu; then choose Pin to Start. Repeat until you’ve added all of the items you want.
How do I unpin my screen?
To unpin a screen:
- Gesture navigation: Swipe up and hold.
- 2-button navigation: Touch and hold Back and Home .
- 3-button navigation: Touch and hold Back and Overview .