Press Windows Key + X and click Device Manager. Then expand Sound > video and game controller. Select your audio device, right-click it and Uninstall.
How do I remove a Sound device from Windows 10?
To Disable a Sound Output Device in Windows 10,
- Open the Settings app.
- Go to System > Sound.
- On the right, select the sound output device under Output.
- Click on the Device Properties link.
- On the next page, check the Disable box to disable the device. …
- Uncheck the Disable box to re-enable the device.
How do I remove an audio device from my computer?
Then follow these steps:
- Click on the View menu and turn on “Show Hidden Devices”
- Expand the node that represents the type of device that you want to uninstall, right-click the device entry for the device you want to uninstall, and select Uninstall.
How do I remove a default audio device?
Change Default Audio Playback Device from Settings
- Open Settings, and click/tap on the System icon.
- Click/tap on Sound on the left side, and Choose your output device you want from the drop menu on the right side. ( see screenshot below) …
- When finished, you can close Settings if you like.
How do I find audio devices on Windows 10?
Select Start (Windows logo Start button) > Settings (Gear-shaped Settings icon) > System > Sound. In Sound settings, go to Choose your output device, and then select the speakers or headphones you want to use.
How do I remove old drivers from Windows 10?
Uninstall Old Drivers in Windows
- To uninstall the old drivers, press Win + X and select “Device Manager” from the list of options.
- Go to “view” and select the option “show hidden devices” to reveal all the hidden and old drivers. …
- Select the old driver you want to uninstall, right-click and select the Uninstall option.
What happens if you uninstall device in Device Manager?
If you uninstall a device, and do not remove the device from the system, the next time you restart, it will rescan your system, and load any drivers for devices that it finds. You can select to DISABLE a device (in Device Manager). Then, re-enable later when you wish to.
How do I change the Sound settings on Windows 10?
How to Change the Sound Effects on Windows 10. To adjust the sound effects, press Win + I (this is going to open Settings) and go to “Personalization -> Themes -> Sounds.” For faster access, you can also right-click on the speaker icon and choose Sounds.
How do I uninstall Realtek audio?
Uninstall the Realtek HD Audio Driver and Do a Full Restart. Right-click on the Realtek HD driver. Select Uninstall in the menu option. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the uninstall.
How do I disable my audio driver?
Press the Device Installation Settings button. Choose No, and then press the Save Changes button. To uninstall your audio driver: Go to Device Manager box, right-click the audio driver and choose Uninstall.
How do I change my default sound device?
Under the Sound tab, click Manage Audio Devices. On the Playback tab, click your headset, and then click the Set Default button. On the Recording tab, click your headset, and then click the Set Default button. Click OK to save your changes.
How do I stop Windows from changing default audio?
No Audio Output Device is Installed
- Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.
- Select “playback devices”.
- If “speaker” is not set as the default device, highlight it and click “set as default”.