Go to Start >> All Programs and scroll down to the Startup folder. Right-click it and select Open. Now drag and drop shortcuts of the programs you want to launch when Windows starts. Close out of the Startup folder.
How do I get programs to start automatically in Windows 7?
Click the Start button and type msconfig in the program and file search box. Press Enter, and the System Configuration window will be displayed. Click the Startup tab and all startup programs installed on the PC will be listed.
How do I make my computer start programs automatically?
Select the Start button, then select Settings > Apps > Startup. Make sure any app you want to run at startup is turned On. If you don’t see the Startup option in Settings, right-click the Start button, select Task Manager, then select the Startup tab.
How do I find the Startup folder in Windows 7?
In Windows 7, the Startup folder is easy to access from the Start menu. When you click the Windows symbol and then “All Programs” you will see a folder called “Startup”.
How do I change startup programs?
In either the search box or the Run dialog, type msconfig and press Enter. In the System Configuration window, click the Startup tab. The check boxes to the left of each program name indicate if it runs on startup. Once you’ve changed the selections, click the Apply button.
How do I make Windows 7 run faster?
Here are some tips to help you optimize Windows 7 for faster performance.
- Try the Performance troubleshooter. …
- Delete programs you never use. …
- Limit how many programs run at startup. …
- Defragment your hard disk. …
- Clean up your hard disk. …
- Run fewer programs at the same time. …
- Turn off visual effects. …
- Restart regularly.
How do I start a program?
You can open, or launch, a program by using any of the following four methods:
- Choose Start→All Programs. …
- Double-click a program shortcut icon on the desktop.
- Click an item on the taskbar.
How do I make a program not run at startup Windows 7?
How To Disable Startup Programs In Windows 7 and Vista
- Click the Start Menu Orb then in the search box Type MSConfig and Press Enter or Click the msconfig.exe program link.
- From within the System Configuration tool, Click Startup tab and then Uncheck the program boxes that you would like to prevent from starting when Windows starts.
11 янв. 2019 г.
How do I add programs to startup in Windows 10?
How to Add Programs to Startup in Windows 10
- Press the Windows key + R to open the run dialog box.
- Type shell:startup in the run dialog box and press Enter on your keyboard.
- Right click in the startup folder and click New.
- Click Shortcut.
- Type the location of the program if you know it, or click Browse to locate the program on your computer. …
- Click Next.
12 янв. 2021 г.
How do I get to the Startup folder?
To open the Startup folder in Windows 10, open Run box and: Type shell:startup and hit Enter to open the Current Users Startup folder. Type shell:common startup and hit Enter to open the All Users Startup folder.
What is in my Startup folder?
The startup folder typically only contains links to the programs that you want to start automatically. However, the startup folder can also contain any other files (such as scripts) that you want to run when you log on.
How do I open the startup menu?
To open the Start menu—which contains all your apps, settings, and files—do either of the following:
- On the left end of the taskbar, select the Start icon.
- Press the Windows logo key on your keyboard.
How do I turn off startup programs in Windows?
All you have to do is open up Task Manager by right-clicking on the Taskbar, or using the CTRL + SHIFT + ESC shortcut key, clicking “More Details,” switching to the Startup tab, and then using the Disable button. It’s really that simple.