To play a CD or DVD.
Insert the disc you want to play into the drive.
Typically, the disc will start playing automatically.
If it doesn’t play, or if you want to play a disc that is already inserted, open Windows Media Player, and then, in the Player Library, select the disc name in the navigation pane.
Why won’t Windows Media Player play my DVD?
We recommend the popular VLC media player. It’s free, and after you install it you’ll be able to play DVDs in VLC – no problem. Blu-rays are another story, as they are supported but many of them won’t play because of DRM encryption. To play a DVD in VLC, click the Media menu and select Open Disc.
How do I watch DVD on Windows 10?
First, download and install the software from the VideoLAN VLC Media Player website. Launch VLC Media Player from its Start menu shortcut. Insert a DVD, and it should rev up automatically. If not, click the Media menu, select the Open Disc command, choose the option for DVD, and then click the Play button.
How can I watch DVDs on Windows 10 for free?
Here’s how to watch DVDs and Blu-rays for free in Windows 10, in just a few steps.
- Step 1: Get a disc drive. Jon Martindale/ Digital Trends.
- Step 2: Download Leawo Blu-ray Player. Once that you have an optical drive, all you need is some software.
- Step 3: Play the disc. Open Leawo if it isn’t already.
Why can’t I play DVDs on Windows 10?
If not, a better alternative to Microsoft’s Windows 10 DVD Player is to turn to the free and always reliable VLC video player. Once it’s installed, open the program, insert a DVD, and click on Media > Open Disc to watch your DVDs.
What is the best free DVD player for Windows 10?
The 5 Best Free DVD Player Windows 10- Choose the Best Free DVD Player for Windows 10 as You Wish
- VLC Media Player. VLC Media Player. https://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html.
- Pot Player. Pot Player. https://potplayer.daum.net/
- BlazeDVD. BlazeDVD.
- 5K player. 5KPlayer.
- GOM Player Free. GOM Player Free.
How do I use Windows Media Player on Windows 10?
Windows Media Player in Windows 10. To find WMP, click Start and type: media player and select it from the results at the top. Alternately, you can right-click the Start button to bring up the hidden quick access menu and choose Run or use the keyboard shortcut Windows Key+R. Then type: wmplayer.exe and hit Enter.
Why does my Windows Media Player not play DVD?
If you see an error from Windows Media Player that says “compatible DVD decoder not installed,” this means that a plugin (called an mpeg-2 decoder) needed to play DVDs is not installed. However, the VLC Player program, available free of charge, will enable you to play DVDs or any type of video file.
Can my laptop play DVDs?
Play DVD Optical Drive. Before software concerns come in, the laptop must have either a built-in or externally connected DVD player to be compatible with DVDs (Blu-ray drives are backwards compatible with DVD). However, you will only be able to play DVDs in the Media Center window and not in Windows Media Player.
How do I copy a DVD with Windows 10?
To copy a DVD using Windows 10, 8.1 or 8, insert the DVD you want to copy in the drive. It must be a homemade DVD for this process to work. Copy the video files from the disc to a new folder on your desktop. After you do this, remove the DVD from the drive and replace it with a blank DVD.
Why is my DVD not playing on my laptop?
In the Device Manager window, expand DVD/CD-ROM drives. Right-click the CD/DVD/Blu-ray drive that is listed, and then click Uninstall. Click OK to confirm that you want to remove the device. Restart your computer (Once the restart is complete, the Operating System will automatically install the required drivers).
Why won’t VLC play my DVD?
The reason why VLC does not play DVD on Windows or Mac may be caused by the new OS upgrade. Tap the VLC program, and then hit “Try Recommended Settings” and “Test The Program”, to fix VLC won’t play DVD discs on Windows and Mac computers.
How do I play Bluray on Windows 10?
Blu-ray player software for Windows 10
- Open VLC media player > Media > Open Disc.
- Select Blu-ray from the choice, and then browse to locate the folder which has the movie.
- Start playing Blu-ray movies on Windows with VLC.
What app plays DVDs on Windows 10?
Top 7 Best Free DVD Players Windows 10 Free Download
- No. 7 GOM Player – Free DVD Player Windows 10.
- No. 6 Macgo Windows Blu-ray – Free Blu-ray Player Windows 10.
- No. 5 VLC & VLC Nightly – Bundle Blu-ray/DVD player Windows 10.
Does Windows 10 include a DVD player?
Windows 10 excludes a few key features, including support for playing DVDs. Microsoft has now released an app to handle the task, though it doesn’t play Blu-ray discs. Microsoft has introduced a DVD Player app for Windows 10 for people who still want to pop in a good, old-fashioned disc to watch a movie.
What is the best free DVD player download?
Top 7 Free DVD Players for Windows PC and Mac in 2019:
- VLC. VLC media player is available for free as an open source media player and it works like a cross platform type multimedia player.
- GOM Player.
- 5K Player:
- Windows DVD Player:
Which is the best media player for Windows 10?
11 Best Media Players for Windows
- VLC Media Player. VLC media player.
- PotPlayer. Pot Player in action.
- KMPlayer. KM Player.
- Media Player Classic – Home Cinema. MPC-HC for Windows.
- ACG Player. ACG player for Windows 10.
- GOM Media Player. GOM Player.
- DivX Player. DivX Player.
- Kodi. Kodi for Windows.
How do I reinstall Windows Media Player on Windows 10?
How to install Windows Media Player
- Open Settings.
- Click on Apps.
- Click on Apps & features.
- Click the manage optional features link. Apps & features settings.
- Click the Add a feature button. Manage optional features settings.
- Select Windows Media Player.
- Click the Install button. Install Windows Media Player on Windows 10.
Does Microsoft still support Windows Media Player?
Sadly, Microsoft has a different idea. After looking at customer feedback and usage data, Microsoft decided to discontinue this service. This means that new metadata won’t be updated on media players that are installed on your Windows device.
How do I play a DVD on my HP computer?
- Open PowerDVD.
- Insert a movie disc (DVD or Blu-Ray) into the disc drive on your computer.
- Click the Movie tab on the PowerDVD menu and click the arrow in the tab to display the drop down menu, then select the device that contains the movie disc.
- The movie loads into the computer and starts playing.
How do I get my DVD player to work?
How to Connect a DVD Player to a TV
- Unplug your TV and DVD player.
- Set the DVD player on a shelf near the TV.
- Connect your DVD player with the included cables.
- Whichever cable you use, plug one end into the DVD player, and the other into the corresponding port in the TV.
- Plug the DVD player’s power cord into an electrical outlet in the wall.
Why won’t Cyberlink play my DVD?
First, install PowerDVD again. Before commencing, close all unnecessary running programs. After installation, try playing the DVD in Windows Media Player to confirm that your system has no problem. If Windows Media Player can play the DVD, then the problem may lie with PowerDVD.
Can I copy a DVD to my computer?
You can “rip” that DVD—or turn it into a movie file on your computer—to play it wherever you want. Install it to your computer as directed. By default, Handbrake can rip unprotected DVDs, but most DVDs you buy from the store have copy protection. To get around this, you’ll need to install libdvdcss.
What is the best DVD Ripper for Windows 10?
Best Free DVD Ripper For Windows 10
- WinX DVD Ripper Free Edition.
- Freemake Video Converter.
- Leawo DVD Ripper.
- DVDFab HD Decrypter.
- Aimersoft DVD Ripper.
- WonderFox DVD Ripper Speedy.
Does Windows 10 have DVD copy software?
The 123 Copy DVD software makes it easy to copy DVD to Windows 10 computer and burn it again to another DVD if you wish.
Photo in the article by “Wikimedia Commons”