How do I get to the boot menu in Command Prompt?
If you are interested, you can also use a quick Command Prompt command to access the advanced boot options.
- Right-click on the Windows 10 Start menu and select “Command Prompt (Admin)” from the menu.
- In the Command Prompt window, type shutdown.exe /r /o and hit “Enter”.
Can I boot from Command Prompt?
Booting Windows 10 in Command Prompt requires that you have Windows 10 on a bootable disc or USB drive. Here’s how you can start your Windows 10 PC in Command Prompt: Power on your computer. … When the BIOS interface appears on the screen, go to the Boot tab.
How do I enter BIOS setup?
Common keys to enter the BIOS are F1, F2, F10, Delete, Esc, as well as key combinations like Ctrl + Alt + Esc or Ctrl + Alt + Delete, although those are more common on older machines. Also note that a key like F10 might actually launch something else, like the boot menu.
How do I get into the BIOS in Windows 10?
F12 key method
- Turn the computer on.
- If you see an invitation to press the F12 key, do so.
- Boot options will appear along with the ability to enter Setup.
- Using the arrow key, scroll down and select <Enter Setup>.
- Press Enter.
- The Setup (BIOS) screen will appear.
- If this method does not work, repeat it, but hold F12.
What is the command for BIOS?
Open the BIOS menu. As the computer reboots, press F2, F10, F12, or Del to enter the computer BIOS menu. You may need to press the key repeatedly, as boot times for some computers can be very quick.
How do I get advanced boot options?
The Advanced Boot Options screen lets you start Windows in advanced troubleshooting modes. You can access the menu by turning on your computer and pressing the F8 key before Windows starts. Some options, such as safe mode, start Windows in a limited state, where only the bare essentials are started.
How do I get a CMD prompt in Windows 10?
The quickest way to open a Command Prompt window is through the Power User Menu, which you can access by right-clicking the Windows icon in the bottom-left corner of your screen, or with the keyboard shortcut Windows Key + X. It’ll appear in the menu twice: Command Prompt and Command Prompt (Admin).
How do I repair Windows 10 with Command Prompt?
And then you’ll need to click Advanced options.
- Click Startup Repair.
- Click System Restore.
- Select your username.
- Enter your password.
- Type “cmd” into the main search box.
- Right click on Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.
- Type sfc /scannow at command prompt and hit Enter.
How do I boot into BIOS without rebooting?
However, since the BIOS is a pre-boot environment, you can’t access it directly from within Windows. On some older computers (or those deliberately set to boot slowly), you can hit a function key such as F1 or F2 at power-on to enter the BIOS.
How do you set BIOS to default setting?
Reset the BIOS to Default Settings (BIOS)
- Access the BIOS Setup utility. See Accessing BIOS.
- Press the F9 key to automatically load the factory default settings. …
- Confirm the changes by highlighting OK, then press Enter. …
- To save the changes and exit the BIOS Setup utility, press the F10 key.
How can I enter BIOS if F2 key is not working?
Fast Boot in BIOS reduces computer boot time. With Fast Boot enabled: You can’t press F2 to enter BIOS Setup.
- Go to Advanced > Boot > Boot Configuration.
- In the Boot Display Config pane: Enable POST Function Hotkeys Displayed. Enable Display F2 to Enter Setup.
- Press F10 to save and exit BIOS.