Head to Microsoft’s installation tool webpage, connect your USB flash drive (at least 4 GB of space should be available) or insert your writeable DVD, and then click the Create media button. Once the media creation tool is finished, you can use the USB flash drive or DVD (after rebooting) to install Window 8.1.
How do I download Windows 8.1 installation media?
Please follow these steps:
- Download the Windows 8.1 Media-Creation-Tool directly from Microsoft.
- Right click on the mediacreationtool.exe file that has downloaded and select “Run as administrator”
- Choose the language, edition, and architecture for the media you want to create:
How do I create a bootable USB drive for Windows 8?
How to Install Windows 8 or 8.1 From a USB Device
- Create an ISO file from the Windows 8 DVD. …
- Download the Windows USB/DVD download tool from Microsoft and then install it. …
- Start the Windows USB DVD Download Tool program. …
- Select Browse on Step 1 of 4: Choose ISO file screen.
Can I download Windows 8.1 for free?
If your computer is currently running Windows 8, you can upgrade to Windows 8.1 for free. Once you’ve installed Windows 8.1, we recommend that you then upgrade your computer to Windows 10, which is also a free upgrade.
How do I download Windows 8 ISO?
Here’s how to download the official Windows 8.1 ISO:
- Step 1: Go to Microsoft’s page for upgrading to Windows 8 with a product key, then click on the light blue “Install Windows 8” button.
- Step 2: Launch the setup file (Windows8-Setup.exe) and enter your Windows 8 product key when prompted.
How do I install Windows 8.1 without a product key?
Skip Product Key Input in Windows 8.1 Setup
- If you are going to install Windows 8.1 using a USB drive, transfer the installation files to the USB and then proceed to step 2. …
- Browse to the /sources folder.
- Look for the ei.cfg file and open it in a text editor such as Notepad or Notepad++ (preferred).
Is Microsoft release Windows 11?
Microsoft is all set to release Windows 11 OS on October 5, but the update won’t include Android app support.
Is Windows 8 still supported?
Support for Windows 8 ended on January 12, 2016. … Microsoft 365 Apps is no longer supported on Windows 8. To avoid performance and reliability issues, we recommend that you upgrade your operating system to Windows 10 or download Windows 8.1 for free.
How do I get to the boot menu in Windows 8?
F12 key method
- Turn the computer on.
- If you see an invitation to press the F12 key, do so.
- Boot options will appear along with the ability to enter Setup.
- Using the arrow key, scroll down and select <Enter Setup>.
- Press Enter.
- The Setup (BIOS) screen will appear.
- If this method does not work, repeat it, but hold F12.
Can I download a boot disk for Windows 8?
A Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 installation DVD can be used to recover your computer. … Our recovery disk, called Easy Recovery Essentials, is an ISO image that you can download today and burn to any CDs, DVDs or USB drives. You can boot from our disk to recover or repair your broken computer.
Is Windows 8.1 still safe to use?
If you want to continue to use Windows 8 or 8.1, you can – it’s still very much a safe operating system to use. … Given this tool’s migration capability, it looks like Windows 8/8.1 to Windows 10 migration will be supported at least until January 2023 – but it’s no longer free.
How can I install Windows 8 on my PC for free?
Microsoft’s own Windows Virtual PC is free but won’t accept Windows 8 as a guest. Instead, you can use Oracle’s VirtualBox or VMWare’s VMWare Player 4.0. Both are free and both support Windows 8. To get started, you’ll first want to download the Windows 8 beta, aka Consumer Preview, as an ISO file.
Can I update to Windows 8.1 from Windows 8 without a store?
Get the Windows 8.1 ISO
- Click Run at the bottom of Internet Explorer.
- In the setup dialog, enter your Windows 8 product key.
- Follow the wizard through the next step until Windows 8 starts downloading.
- When the download starts – and only at this point – close setup.