If it’s still not working correctly, try using the Windows 8 built-in Calibration Tool. Open Search and type: calibrate and then select Calibrate the screen for pen or touch input. From there, you can click the Calibrate button or the Reset button, provided it’s not grayed out.
How do I get my touchscreen to work again?
Basic Fixes for a Touch Screen That’s Not Working
- Clean the screen with a lint-free cloth.
- Restart your device.
- Remove your case or screen protector.
- Make sure your hands are clean and dry and that you aren’t wearing gloves.
How do I calibrate my touch screen Windows 8?
Enter calibrate in the search box, tap or click Settings, and then tap or click Calibrate the screen for pen or touch input to open Tablet PC Settings. Check that the monitor shown in the Display field matches the screen you want to calibrate. Tap or click Calibrate, and then follow the on-screen instructions.
Why is my Windows touchscreen not working?
If your touchscreen isn’t responsive or not working how you would expect, try restarting your PC. If you’re still having problems, check for updates: … In Settings, select Update & security , then WindowsUpdate , and then select the Check for updates button. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.
How do I make my Windows 8.1 laptop a touch screen?
How to enable touch screen on Windows 8.1 laptop
- b. Click on Control Panel.
- c. Go to Hardware and Sound.
- d. Click on Pen and touch.
- e. Click on Touch tab.
- f. Enable use your finger as an input.
How do you turn on the touchscreen on a HP laptop Windows 8?
About This Article
- Open Device Manager.
- Expand Human Interface Devices.
- Select HID-compliant touch screen.
- Click the Action tab on the top-left.
- Select Enable or Disable.
How do I activate the touchscreen on my laptop?
How to Turn On the Touchscreen in Windows 10 and 8
- Select the search box on your taskbar.
- Type Device Manager.
- Select Device Manager.
- Select the arrow next to Human Interface Devices.
- Select HID-compliant touch screen.
- Select Action at the top of the window.
- Select Enable Device.
- Verify that your touchscreen works.
How do I fix an unresponsive touch screen laptop?
How to fix touch screen on laptop not working
- Restart your laptop.
- Re-enable touch screen.
- Update the touch screen driver.
- Calibrate your touch screen.
- Configure the Power Management settings.
- Run a virus scan.
How do you calibrate touch screen?
Android 5 and up: Install and open the Touchscreen Calibration app. Tap Calibrate and follow the instructions. Android 4: Go to Menu > Settings > Language & keyboard > Touch Input > Text Input. Tap either Calibration tool or Reset calibration.
How do I adjust my touch screen?
To change this setting:
- tap settings.
- Tap Language and Input.
- Scroll to the very bottom of these settings and tap pointer speed.
- I have seen sevreal default speeds, none over %50. Increase the slider to make the touch screen more sensitive and easier to tab. …
- Tap OK and then experiment with the results.
How do you calibrate a Windows touch screen?
How to Calibrate Windows Touchscreen Devices
- Press the Windows logo key on the keyboard. …
- Type calibrate. …
- Select Calibrate. …
- Select Touch input. …
- If a User Account Control message appears, select Yes.
- Tap the crosshair in the upper-left corner of the screen, then tap it again each time it moves.
Why is my touch screen unresponsive?
A smartphone touchscreen can become unresponsive for several reasons. For example, a brief hiccup in your phone’s system could render it unresponsive. While this is often the simplest cause of unresponsiveness, other factors like moisture, debris, app glitches and viruses can all have an effect.