Once your files are backed up, shut down your MacBook Pro. Plug it into the AC adapter, and then boot it back up. Finally, press and hold “Command-R” (the “Command” and “R” keys at the same time) to start the restore process. Hold these keys until the Apple logo appears on the screen, and then release them.
How do I restore my Mac OS X to factory settings?
Erase and reinstall macOS
- Start up your computer in macOS Recovery: …
- In the Recovery app window, select Disk Utility, then click Continue.
- In Disk Utility, select the volume you want to erase in the sidebar, then click Erase in the toolbar.
How do I factory reset my Mac without password?
First you’ll need to turn off your Mac. Then press the power button and immediately hold down the Control and R keys until you see the Apple logo or spinning globe icon. Release the keys and shortly afterwards you should see the macOS Utilities window appear.
How do I restore my MacBook Pro 2010 to factory settings?
As it’s loading hold the Command button and the R key. Something will come up called OS X Utilities. Click on Disk Utility and click on “Mac OS Extended“. Then, click Erase.
How do I restore Snow Leopard without a disk?
Copy the installation media
- Open Disk Utility, and drag the Snow Leopard . dmg installer into the pane on the left.
- Select the Snow Leopard .dmg you just dragged in from the list on the left, then the ‘Restore’ tab.
- Drag the Snow Leopard . …
- Make sure “Erase Destination” is checked. …
- Click ‘Restore’.
How do I restore my old MacBook Air to factory settings?
How to reset a MacBook Air or MacBook Pro
- Hold down the Command and R keys on the keyboard and turn on the Mac. …
- Select your language and continue.
- Choose Disk Utility and click Continue.
- Choose your startup disk (named Macintosh HD by default) from the sidebar and click the Erase button.
How do I restore my MacBook Air to factory settings 2015?
Perform a Factory Reset
- Click Disk Utility.
- Click Continue.
- Click View > Show All Devices.
- Select your hard drive and click Erase.
- In the Format field, choose the APFS option on macOS High Sierra or later. On macOS Sierra or earlier, choose the Mac OS Extended (Journaled) option.
- Click Erase.
How do I completely wipe my MacBook air?
How to Wipe a Mac Hard Disk Drive (HDD)
- Make sure your Mac is turned off.
- Press the power button.
- Immediately hold down the command and R keys.
- Wait until the Apple logo appears.
- Select “Disk Utility” from the OS X Utilities list. …
- Select the disk you’d like to erase by clicking on it in the sidebar.
How do I reset a computer to factory settings?
Navigate to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery. You should see a title that says “Reset this PC.” Click Get Started. You can either select Keep My Files or Remove Everything. The former resets your options to default and removes uninstalled apps, like browsers, but keeps your data intact.