How do I restore my Asus bios to factory settings?
Enter BIOS and press F5 for default setting. Choose Yes then BIOS will return to default value.
Can you reset BIOS to factory settings?
Resetting the BIOS
Once you’re in BIOS, you can try to hit either the F9 or F5 keys to bring up the Load Default Options prompt. Clicking Yes will be enough to restore the default settings. This key may be different depending on your BIOS, but it’ll usually be listed at the bottom of the screen.
How do I fix the BIOS on my ASUS laptop?
[Notebook] Troubleshooting – Laptop directly enters BIOS configuration after power on
- Enter the BIOS configuration.
- To load BIOS optimized defaults: Select to enter [Save & Exit] screen①, select [Restore Defaults] item② , then select [Yes]③
How do you Reset your computer to factory?
Navigate to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery. You should see a title that says “Reset this PC.” Click Get Started. You can either select Keep My Files or Remove Everything. The former resets your options to default and removes uninstalled apps, like browsers, but keeps your data intact.
How do I factory reset my computer with command prompt?
The instructions are:
- Turn on the computer.
- Press and hold the F8 key.
- At the Advanced Boot Options screen, choose Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
- Press Enter.
- Log in as Administrator.
- When Command Prompt appears, type this command: rstrui.exe.
- Press Enter.
- Follow the wizard instructions to continue with System Restore.
How do I reset my BIOS without a monitor?
Champion. Easy way to do this, which will work regardless of what motherboard you have, flip the switch on your power supply to off(0) and remove the silver button battery on the motherboard for 30 seconds, put it back in, turn the power supply back on, and boot up, it should reset you to factory defaults.
How do I wipe my hard drive from BIOS?
How to use Disk Sanitizer or Secure Erase
- Turn on or restart the computer.
- While the display is blank, press the F10 key repeatedly to enter the BIOS settings menu. …
- Select Security.
- Select Hard Drive Utilities or Hard Drive Tools.
- Select Secure Erase or Disk Sanitizer to open the tool.
How do I adjust BIOS settings?
How to Configure the BIOS Using the BIOS Setup Utility
- Enter the BIOS Setup Utility by pressing the F2 key while the system is performing the power-on self-test (POST). …
- Use the following keyboard keys to navigate the BIOS Setup Utility: …
- Navigate to the item to be modified. …
- Press Enter to select the item.
Why is my PC stuck on ASUS screen?
Please turn off the laptop (press and hold the Power button for 15 seconds until the Power light is OFF to force shut down), then press and hold the Power button for 40 seconds to do CMOS reset. Re-install the battery (for removable battery models) and connect the AC adapter, then try to restart your laptop.
How do I get Asus boot options?
To do this go to the Boot tab and then click on Add New Boot Option. Under Add Boot Option you can specify the name of the UEFI boot entry. Select File System is automatically detected and registered by the BIOS.
What does clearing the CMOS do?
Clearing the CMOS resets your BIOS settings back to their factory default state. In most cases, you can clear the CMOS from within the BIOS menu. In some cases, you may have to open your computer’s case.
How do I clear the BIOS on my ASUS TUF x570?
Hold down the
key during the boot process and enter BIOS setup to re-enter data. * If the above steps do not help, remove the on-board battery and short-circuit the jumpers again to clear the CMOS RTC RAM data. After clearing the CMOS, reinstall the batttery.
How do I boot into BIOS?
Get ready to act quickly: You need to start the computer and press a key on the keyboard before the BIOS hands over control to Windows. You have only a few seconds to perform this step. On this PC, you’d press F2 to enter the BIOS setup menu. If you don’t catch it the first time, simply try again.