How do I enable audio device in Windows 8?
Enable And Disable The Audio Devices:
- Navigate to the Volume icon in notification area of Screen.
- Right click on it.
- Select Playback Devices from the list.
- All (audio) connected devices will be listed like, headphones and other audio devices.
- You will see all are Enabled by default.
How do I fix my audio device is disabled Windows 8?
Solution 2: Enabling audio device in device manager
- Press Windows + R, type “devmgmt. msc” in the dialogue box and press Enter.
- Once in the device manager, right-click on the audio device which is disabled and select “Enable device”.
How do I fix my audio device is disabled?
Right-click the Volume icon in the bottom right corner in the Taskbar and choose Playback devices from the menu. When Sound window opens, right click the empty space and choose Show Disabled Devices. Now check if your Playback device appears on the list. If your audio device is grayed out, it means that it’s disabled.
How do I get my audio device back on my computer?
Select the arrow next to Sound, video and game controllers to expand it. Right-click the listing for your sound card or audio device, then select Properties. Select the Driver tab, then select Roll Back Driver. Read and follow the instructions and then select Yes if you want to roll back your audio driver.
How do I enable my audio device?
Re-enable audio device
- Open Control panel.
- Click Hardware and Sound and then Click on Sounds.
- Under Playback tab, right click on the empty area and make sure “Show Disabled Devices” has a check mark on it. If headphones/Speakers are disabled, it will now show up in the list.
- Right click on the device and Enable it.
How do I enable my audio driver?
Update audio drivers on Windows 10
- Click on the Start menu and type in Device Manager. …
- Search for Sound, video and game controllers. …
- Double-click on the audio entry and switch over to the Driver tab. …
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
Why is my sound disabled on my PC?
The reasons why there is no sound on your computer normally are the hardware faculty, the wrong audio settings or the missing or outdated audio driver in your computer. Don’t worry. You can try the solutions below to troubleshoot and fix no sound on computer issue and have your computer back in track.
How do I reinstall my sound card driver?
Reinstall audio driver from Control Panel
- Type Appwiz. …
- Find audio driver entry and Right-click on the audio driver and then choose Uninstall option.
- Choose Yes to continue.
- Reboot your device when the driver is removed.
- Get the latest version of the audio driver and install it on your PC.
How do I enable a disabled device?
How to enable devices using Device Manager
- Open Start.
- Search for Device Manager and click the top result to open the experience.
- Expand the category with the device that you want to enable.
- Right-click the device, and select the Enable device option. …
- Click the Yes button to confirm.
How do I fix No audio output device Windows 10?
Press the Windows + X keys on your keyboard and click on the Device Manager option from the menu. Expand the Sound, video and game controllers menu by clicking on the arrow next to it. Right-click on your audio device listed in the menu and choose the Uninstall device option. Restart your computer.
Why is my audio service not running?
This problem is probably the improper status of the Windows audio service and any other of its dependencies. Correcting the status can solve your problem. To modify the audio related services settings: On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to invoke the Run box.