There’s no known way to date to update iOS over cellular data, as per Apple’s requirements. The only way to update iOS over-the-air is to connect to a WiFi network or to connect via USB and iTunes for non-OTA.
Can I update my iPhone using cellular data?
You can update ios 13 using cellphone data
As you need internet connectivity to update your iOS 12/13, you can use your cellular data in place of WiFi. … Moreover, just double check your phone’s battery as it should not be less than 50% if you want to install the update.
How do I download iOS update over cellular?
Per Apple’s support document on 5G (via MacRumors), you need to go to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options, and tick the option that says “Allow More Data on 5G”. After you’ve done that, you’ll be able to get iOS updates over a cellular network.
Can I download iOS update without WiFi?
You need an Internet connection to update iOS. The time it takes to download the update varies according to the size of the update and your Internet speed. You can use your device normally while downloading the iOS update, and iOS will notify you when you can install it.
How do I download iOS 14 using mobile data?
- Step 1: Turn off “Set Automatically” On Date & Time. …
- Step 2: Turn off your VPN. …
- Step 3: Check for update. …
- Step 4: Download and install iOS 14 with Cellular data. …
- Step 5: Turn on “Set Automatically” …
- Step 1: Create a Hotspot and connect to the web. …
- Step 2: Utilize iTunes on your Mac. …
- Step 3: Check for update.
Can I update iOS 14 using mobile data?
To download iOS 14 using mobile data (or cellular data) follow these steps: Create a Hotspot from your iPhone – this way you can use the data connection from your iPhone to connect to the web on your Mac. Now open iTunes and plug in your iPhone. … Run through the options to download and install iOS 14.
Can I download software update using mobile data?
You can now download the system update using mobile data.
How can I update my iPhone 12 without WIFI?
iPhone 12: Download iOS updates over 5G (without Wi-Fi)
Go to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options, and tick the option that says “Allow More Data on 5G.” Once you’ve set that up, you will be able to download iOS updates while connected to 5G.
How do I download updates over cellular?
I can recommend following these steps to set to use mobile data when wifi not connected.
- Go to Settings >>
- Search for “Wifi” in the settings search bar >> tap on wifi.
- Tap on advanced settings then toggle on “Switch to mobile data automatically” (use mobile data when wi-fi has no internet access.)
- Enable this option.
Can you stop an iPhone update in the middle?
Apple is not providing any button to stop upgrading iOS in the middle of the process. However, if you want to stop the iOS Update in the middle or delete the iOS Update Downloaded file to save free space, you can do that.
How do I update iOS on WiFi?
Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch wirelessly
- Plug your device into power and connect to the internet with Wi-Fi.
- Go to Settings > General, then tap Software Update.
- Tap Install Now. If you see Download and Install instead, tap it to download the update, enter your passcode, then tap Install Now.