Why can’t I delete an admin on my Mac?
Please open system preferences > users and groups > open pad lock ( enter admin name & password ) , select the user that is to be deleted , click on minus sign on bottom side . A window appears select the last option as in screen shot .
How do I delete an administrator account on a Mac?
How to delete an admin account on your Mac computer
- Locate Users & Groups on the bottom left. …
- Select the padlock icon. …
- Enter your password. …
- Select the admin user on the left and then select the minus icon near the bottom. …
- Choose an option from the list and then select Delete User.
How long does it take to delete an admin account on Mac?
The nice thing about the above diskutil command is that it will provide you with an estimate of how long it will take and show you how much is done. In my case it indicated a one pass random erase would take about 9 hours, and a one pass zero fill erase would take about 1 hour.
How do I remove an administrator from my Mac without a password?
Question: Q: How can I remove admin password without a install disk
- boot computer and hold the “apple” key and the “s” key.
- wait for terminal show.
- release keys.
- type without the quotes: “/sbin/mount -uaw”
- press enter.
- type without the quotes: “rm /var/db/.applesetupdone.
- press enter.
- type without the quotes: “reboot”
How do I turn off automatic login on my Mac?
Disable Automatic Login on macOS
- Open System Preferences.
- Click Users & Groups.
- There is an option to turn Automatic login On or Off. Set it to Off.
What is my Mac administrator name and password?
Mac OS X
- Open the Apple menu.
- Select System Preferences.
- In the System Preferences window, click on the Users & Groups icon.
- On the left side of window that opens, locate your account name in the list. If the word Admin is immediately below your account name, then you are an administrator on this machine.
How do I disable the built in administrator account?
Open MMC, and then select Local Users and Groups. Right-click the Administrator account, and then select Properties. The Administrator Properties window appears. On the General tab, clear the Account is Disabled check box.
How do I reset the administrator on my Mac?
Click on Utilities in the Apple menu and select Terminal. At the Terminal prompt, type ‘resetpassword’ then hit enter. This will launch the reset utility, which allows you to select a drive, a user, then a new password and password hint for your admin user. After saving, go to the Apple Menu and click Restart.
How can I disable administrator account?
Enabling/Disabling Built-in Administrator Account in Windows 10
- Go to Start menu (or press Windows key + X) and select “Computer Management”.
- Then expand to “Local Users and Groups”, then “Users”.
- Select the “Administrator” and then right-click and select “Properties”.
- Uncheck “Account is disabled” to enable it.
How do you factory reset a Mac computer?
To reset your Mac, first restart your computer. Then press and hold Command + R until you see the Apple logo. Next, go to Disk Utility > View > View all devices, and choose the top drive. Next, click Erase, fill out the required details, and hit Erase again.
Why does deleting a Mac account take so long?
If your system gets stuck while trying to delete a user account, it’s rather likely that you chose the option to save the home folder to a disk image. … Select Delete the home folder option and click on Delete User. You can also use Don’t change the home folder option if you want to manually remove the home folder.