How do I copy an RPM package?
If you want to save a copy of the package as currently installed before upgrading or removing it, use rpm –repackage — it’ll save the RPMs in /var/tmp or /var/spool/repackage or elsewhere, depending on your configuration. Otherwise, there exists rpmrebuild , which does exactly what you ask for.
How do I download a package in Linux?
To install a new package, complete the following steps:
- Run the dpkg command to ensure that the package is not already installed on the system: …
- If the package is installed already, ensure it is the version you need. …
- Run apt-get update then install the package and upgrade:
How do you backup installed packages in Linux?
To backup all your installed packages, with a GUI, you can use the Ubuntu Software Center. Go in Menu (then log-in) and Sync all your packages. When you will need to reinstall, select all packages from a machine and click ‘install’ from the same menu. From the command line (CLI) you can also use OneConf (oneconf).
How do I install an apt-clone?
How To Install apt-clone? The apt-clone package is available on Ubuntu/Debian official repository so, use apt Package Manager or apt-get Package Manager to install it. Install apt-clone package using apt package manager. Install apt-clone package using apt-get package manager.
How do I copy a yum package to another server?
How do we copy ‘Yum Repositories Configs’ from one server to…
- Check whether the required package is available with SERVER#2 by doing ‘yum install <package_name>’ (OR) ‘yum list <package_name>’
- Compare the repository configs list on both the servers with command “yum repolist”
How do I find out what RPM packages are installed?
List or Count Installed RPM Packages
- If you are on a RPM-based Linux platform (such as Redhat, CentOS, Fedora, ArchLinux, Scientific Linux, etc.), here are two ways to determine the list of packages installed. Using yum:
- yum list installed. Using rpm:
- rpm -qa. …
- yum list installed | wc -l.
- rpm -qa | wc -l.
How do I list installed packages in Linux?
Run command apt list —installed to list all installed packages on Ubuntu. To display a list of packages satisfying certain criteria such as show matching apache2 packages, run apt list apache.
What does Y mean in Linux?
-y , –yes , –assume-yes. Automatic yes to prompts; assume “yes” as answer to all prompts and run non-interactively. If an undesirable situation, such as changing a held package, trying to install a unauthenticated package or removing an essential package occurs then apt-get will abort.
How do I download an RPM package in Linux?
The following is an example of how to use RPM:
- Log in as root , or use the su command to change to the root user at the workstation on which you want to install the software.
- Download the package you wish to install. …
- To install the package, enter the following command at the prompt: rpm -i DeathStar0_42b.rpm.
How do I backup and reinstall Ubuntu?
Here are the steps to follow for reinstalling Ubuntu.
- Step 1: Create a live USB. First, download Ubuntu from its website. You can download whichever Ubuntu version you want to use. Download Ubuntu. …
- Step 2: Reinstall Ubuntu. Once you have got the live USB of Ubuntu, plugin the USB. Reboot your system.
How do I backup my Ubuntu settings?
To backup settings for installed applications, click the “Backup” button to the right of “Application Settings” on the main Aptik window. Select the settings you want to back up and click “Backup”. NOTE: Click the “Select All” button if you want to back up all application settings.
What does APT clone do?
apt-clone lets you create “state” files of all installed packages for your Debian/Ubuntu systems that can be restored on freshly installed systems (or containers) or into a directory. Use cases: clone server package selection and restore on fallback system. backup system state to be able to restore in case of emergency.
How do I copy an RPM from one server to another?
How do I copy rpm from one server to another in Linux?
- Create the configuration directory on the new system.
- Recreate the external dependencies.
- Copy the configuration.
- Run the RPM installer on the new system.
- Migrate the license from the old server to the new.
- Select your printers one more time.
What is apt mark hold?
The command apt-mark will mark or unmark a software package as being automatically installed and it is used with option hold or unhold. hold – this option used to mark a package as held back, which will block the package from being installed, upgraded or removed.
What is apt offline?
DESCRIPTION. apt-offline brings offline package management functionality to Debian based system. It can be used to download packages and its dependencies to be installed later on (or required to update) a disconnected machine. Packages can be downloaded from a different connected machine.