How do I connect to a network on Windows 8?
Wireless Network Configuration → Windows 8
- Go to the Control Panel. …
- Open “Network and Sharing Center”. …
- When the dialog opens select “Manually connect to a wireless network” and click Next.
- The “Manually connect to a wireless network” dialog box appears. …
- Click Next.
- When the following dialog box appears, click on “Change connection settings”.
How do I find computer on Windows 8?
Click on Change Desktop Icons in the upper left-hand corner of the window. Select Computer or “This PC” and click OK. You will now see the icon on the desktop. Double click the icon to see your hard drive.
Why can’t I connect to WiFi on my laptop Windows 8?
The other thing you can try is to disable and then re-enable the wireless network adapter. … Now try to go to Wireless in PC Settings again and see if you can enable WiFi. If this doesn’t work, again drop down to the last section which has more WiFi troubleshooting tips.
How do I fix WiFi on Windows 8?
Below we discuss a few simple ways through which you can fix all your WiFi connectivity issues on a Windows 8.1 operating system:
- Check that WiFi is enabled. …
- Restart the Wireless Router. …
- Clear the DNS Cache. …
- TCP/ICP Stack Settings. …
- Disable WiFi Powersave feature. …
- Update Network Adapter Drivers.
30 дек. 2014 г.
How do I install wireless drivers on Windows 8?
After extracting the file, please follow the instructions below to install it:
- Go to Setting and click “Control Panel”
- Click “Hardware and sound”
- Click “Device Manager”
- Right button click “NETGEAR A6100 WiFi Adapter“ then click “Update Driver Software”
- Choose “Browse my computer for driver software“
Can Windows 8 connect to WiFi?
Process: Click the WiFi icon on the lower-right corner of your screen. A list of available wireless networks will appear on the right. Select the wireless network you wish to connect to and click the Connect button.
Why My PC shows no connections are available?
Solution 1 – Reinstall your network drivers
According to users, a common cause for Not connected no connections available message can be your network drivers. Sometimes your drivers might be corrupted, and that can lead to this issue. However, you can fix the problem simply by reinstalling those drivers.
Can I put Windows 8 on my computer?
If you already have Windows 8, and you waited for the official release date, installing Windows 8.1 is as simple as visiting the Windows Store and downloading the free update.
How do I add icons to my Windows 8 desktop?
Steps to add new desktop icons in Windows 8
- First of all right-click on the empty space of your desktop screen and click on Personalize.
- Now, in the Personalize window click on Change desktop icons.
- Next, in Desktop Icon Settings window select the icons you want to be displayed on the desktop and click OK.
7 авг. 2012 г.
How do I show my computer on desktop in Windows 8?
How to Add My Computer Shortcut on Desktop in Windows 8
- Right click on the desktop and click Personalize.
- Click Change desktop icons on the left pane.
- From the popup window, select Computer under Desktop icons.
- Click Apply and OK.
25 нояб. 2012 г.
How do I turn on wifi on my Windows 8 laptop?
Go to the Start Menu and select Control Panel. Click the Network and Internet category and then select Networking and Sharing Center. From the options on the left-hand side, select Change adapter settings. Right-click on the icon for Wireless Connection and click enable.
How do I turn my Windows 8 laptop into a wifi hotspot?
Press the “Windows + R” key combination to bring up a run box, type “ ncpa. cpl ” and hit enter. 2. When your network connections open, right-click on your Wireless network adapter and select “Properties” from the context menu.
How do I find my wifi driver on Windows 8?
to use Device Manager to find the latest WLAN driver:
- From the Start screen, type device manager to open the Search charm, and then select Device Manager from the search results.
- Double-click Network adapters, and then right-click the name of the Wireless Adapter, and then select Update Driver Software.