How do I run a DB2 query from a UNIX shell script?
CREATE, INSERT, EXPORT, DROP and IMPORT
- Logon as instance owner and make sure Db2 is up and running.
- Save below as repro.sh and run “chmod 777 repro.sh” —————- #!/bin/sh. export DBNAME=db1. db2 -v “drop db $DBNAME” db2 -v “create db $DBNAME” db2 -v “connect to $DBNAME” …
- Run “repro.sh” as instance owner.
How do I connect Unix shell script to database?
The first thing you have to do to connect to oracle database in unix machine is to install oracle database drivers on the unix box. Once you installed, test whether you are able to connect to the database from command prompt or not. If you are able to connect to the database, then everything is going fine.
How do I connect to a local DB2 database?
Connecting to your Db2 database
- Collect database details and credentials. To connect to your database, you need database details (such as the host name), as well as credentials (such as a user ID and password).
- Verify that a supported driver is installed. …
- Configure your environment. …
- Confirm ports are available.
How do I remotely connect to a DB2 database?
- Log on to the application server with a valid DB2 user ID.
- Start the DB2 command line processor. On Windows operating systems, issue the db2cmd command from a command prompt. …
- Issue the following commands: …
- Repeat the above steps on the reporting server:
How do I log into db2 in Unix?
DB2 binding and privileges for ODBC (UNIX)
- From the DB2 command line processor, connect your DB2 database using the following syntax: db2=> CONNECT TO
- Bind the MERANT SQL files to the database, using special options on the BIND command, based on your installation.
What is db2 command?
The Db2 command line processor is a program that runs under z/OS® UNIX System Services. You can use the Db2 command line processor to execute SQL statements, bind DBRMs that are stored in HFS files into packages, call stored procedures, and perform XML schema repository operations.
How do you connect snowflakes in Unix?
In this article
- Using the CData ODBC Drivers on a UNIX/Linux Machine. Installing the Driver Manager. Installing the Driver. List the Registered Driver(s) List the Defined Data Source(s) …
- Install pyodbc.
- Connect to Snowflake Data in Python.
- Execute SQL to Snowflake. Select. Insert. Update and Delete. Metadata Discovery.
What is EOF in shell script?
The EOF operator is used in many programming languages. This operator stands for the end of the file. … The “cat” command, followed by the file name, allows you to view the contents of any file in the Linux terminal.
How does IBM DB2 connect to SSIS database?
Create a New Connection Manager
- In the Connection Manager window, right-click and then click New Connection. The Add SSIS Connection Manager dialog is displayed.
- In the Connection Manager type menu, select DB2. The CData DB2 Connection Manager is displayed.
- Configure connection properties.
How do I catalog a DB2 database in Linux?
To catalog a database on the client:
- Log on to the system with a valid Db2 user ID.
- Optional: Update the Your Value column in the Parameter values worksheet for cataloging a database.
- If you are using the Db2 database on a Linux® or UNIX platform, set up the instance environment. …
- Start the Db2 command line processor.
How do I find my DB2 username and password?
Check the DB2 user ID and password for the database and data source:
- Click Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Data Sources (ODBC).
- On the System DSN tab, select TEPS2 and click Configure.
- Enter your user ID and password. …
- To test the connection to the UDB database, click Connect.