Then double-click grub. cfg to open the file in a text editor. In the file you will find the line ( set default=”0″ ). Edit the 0 to the line number in Grub that you want to load.
How do I change boot order in Ubuntu?
How to Change Grub Boot Order in Ubuntu – 2020 Guide
- Go to the ‘APPLICATIONS’ option.
- Select the ‘ACCESSORIES’ option.
- Select the ‘TERMINAL’ option.
- Open the terminal page.
- sudo gedit/ etc/ default/ grub. …
- Open the following file as a ‘ROOT ADMINISTRATOR’.
How do I change the default boot order?
You can use the arrow option from the top menu for this task. Once done, you should have Windows on the top of this list. At this point, you should save this configuration. This will edit the Grub menu and you can see the changed boot order at the next restart.
How do I change boot order in Linux?
Command line method
Step 1: Open up a terminal window (CTRL+ALT+T). Step 2: Find the Windows entry number in the boot loader. In the screenshot below, you’ll see that “Windows 7…” is the fifth entry, but since entries start at 0, the actual entry number is 4. Change the GRUB_DEFAULT from 0 to 4, then save the file.
How do I change the boot order in BIOS?
Changing the UEFI boot order
- From the System Utilities screen, select System Configuration > BIOS/Platform Configuration (RBSU) > Boot Options > UEFI Boot Order and press Enter.
- Use the arrow keys to navigate within the boot order list.
- Press the + key to move an entry higher in the boot list.
How do I select boot device Ubuntu?
Instead of editing BIOS settings, you can choose a boot device from the boot menu. Press the function key to enter the boot menu when your computer is booting. Typically, the boot screen displays which key you need to press. It maybe one of F12, F10, F9.
How do I change my default operating system to dual boot?
Set Windows 7 as the Default OS on Dual Boot System Step-By-Step
- Click Windows Start button and type msconfig and Press Enter (or click it with the mouse)
- Click Boot Tab, Click Windows 7 (or whichever OS you want to set as default at boot) and Click Set as Default. …
- Click either box to finish the process.
How do I change the boot order in Efibootmgr?
Use Linux efibootmgr Command to Manage UEFI Boot Menu
- 1 Displaying Current Settings. Simply run the following command. …
- Changing Boot Order. First, copy the current boot order. …
- Adding Boot Entry. …
- Deleteing Boot Entry. …
- Setting a Boot Entry Active or Inactive.
How do I change the boot drive without BIOS?
If you install each OS in a separate drive, then you could switch between both OSes by selecting a different drive every time you boot without the need to get into the BIOS. If you use the save drive you could use Windows Boot Manager menu to select the OS when you start your computer without getting into the BIOS.
What should be the boot order in BIOS?
A typical method to access the BIOS settings screen is to press ESC, F1, F2, F8, F10 or Del during the boot sequence. BIOS settings allow you to run a boot sequence from a removable disk, a hard drive, a CD-ROM drive or an external device. … Before you set boot priority for a USB device, plug the device into a USB port.
How do I change the boot order in BIOS HP?
Configuring the boot order
- Turn on or restart the computer.
- While the display is blank, press the f10 key to enter the BIOS settings menu. …
- After opening the BIOS, go to the boot settings. …
- Follow the on-screen instructions to change the boot order.
How do I change the boot order in Windows 10 BIOS?
Once the computer boots up, it will take you to the Firmware settings.
- Switch to Boot Tab.
- Here you will see Boot Priority which will list connected hard drive, CD/DVD ROM and USB drive if any.
- You can use the arrow keys or + & – on your keyboard to change the order.
- Save and Exit.