How do I make Windows 10 My default dual boot?
Click the OS you want to be the default, and then click Set as default. Click Apply, then Okay. You can choose to exit without restart on the popup that opens, or you can restart your PC to have it boot straight into the OS you’ve chosen as default.
How do I switch to Windows dual boot?
What do I need to dual boot Windows?
- Install a new hard drive, or create a new partition on the existing one using the Windows Disk Management Utility.
- Plug in the USB stick containing the new version of Windows, then reboot the PC.
- Install Windows 10, being sure to select the Custom option.
How do I change my operating system on startup?
Change Default OS In Boot Menu Using Startup Options
- In the boot loader menu, click the link Change defaults or choose other options at the bottom of the screen.
- On the next page, click Choose a default operating system.
- On the next page, select the OS you want to set as the default boot entry.
How do I change the default OS in dual boot Windows 10 and Ubuntu?
Set Windows 10 As Default OS When In Dual Boot With Ubuntu
- Method 1 of 2.
- Step 1: First of all, get Grub2Win software from this official page. …
- Step 2: The setup file will start downloading all the files required to install the software.
- Step 3: Next, select a target partition (we recommend the “C”).
How do I change my default operating system in BIOS?
Through System Configuration
- Open the Start Menu, type msconfig in the search line, and press Enter.
- Click on the Boot tab. ( …
- Select a listed operating system that is not already set as the Default OS, and click on the Set as default button to make the selected OS the new default instead. ( …
- Click on OK. (
How do I make Windows GRUB boot to default?
You need to edit the /etc/default/grub file to set Windows as your default OS. You will then select the Windows partition, in my case “Windows 7 (loader) (on /dev/sda1)” including the double quotes and copy it. It will open the /etc/default/grub file with gedit.
Is dual boot safe?
Dual Booting Is Safe, But Massively Reduces Disk Space
Your computer won’t self-destruct, the CPU won’t melt, and the DVD drive won’t start flinging discs across the room. However, it does have one key shortcoming: your disk space will be markedly reduced.
Can you have 2 operating systems on one computer?
Yes, most likely. Most computers can be configured to run more than one operating system. Windows, macOS, and Linux (or multiple copies of each) can happily coexist on one physical computer.
Can you have a dual boot with Windows 10?
Set Up a Windows 10 Dual Boot System. Dual boot is a configuration where you can have two or more operating systems installed on your computer. If you would rather not replace your current version of Windows with Windows 10, you can set up a dual boot configuration.
How do I change my operating system?
Boot from your installation disc.
- Common Setup keys include F2, F10, F12, and Del/Delete.
- Once you are in the Setup menu, navigate to the Boot section. Set your DVD/CD drive as the first boot device. …
- Once you’ve selected the correct drive, save your changes and exit Setup. Your computer will reboot.
How do I remove a dual boot operating system?
Fix #1: Open msconfig
- Click Start.
- Type msconfig in the search box or open Run.
- Go to Boot.
- Select which Windows version you’d like to boot into directly.
- Press Set as Default.
- You can delete the earlier version by selecting it and then clicking Delete.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK.
How do I change my default boot drive?
Click Start, type msconfig.exe in the Start Search box, and then press Enter to start the System Configuration utility. c. Select the option Boot Tab; from the boot tab list select the one that you want to set a default.