a) Right-click on the shortcut and select ‘Properties’. b) Under ‘Shortcut’ tab, click ‘Change Icon’. c) Select the icon you want and then click on ‘Ok’ to apply changes. d) Click ‘Ok’ to close the properties windows.
How do I add the power button to my taskbar?
Select Start > Settings > Personalization > Taskbar, and then scroll down to the notification area. Choose Select which icons appear on the taskbar, and then turn on the Power toggle. (Note: The Power toggle is not visible on a system such as a desktop PC that doesn’t use battery power.)
How do I activate windows10?
To activate Windows 10, you need a digital license or a product key. If you’re ready to activate, select Open Activation in Settings. Click Change product key to enter a Windows 10 product key. If Windows 10 was previously activated on your device, your copy of Windows 10 should be activated automatically.
How do I create a shortcut to restart?
Right click on the Desktop and select New >> Shortcut. Type: shutdown.exe -s -t 00 then Click Next. Give the shortcut a name such as Power Off or Shutdown.
What is the shortcut key for restart in Windows 10?
Use Ctrl + Alt + Delete
- On your computer keyboard, hold down the control (Ctrl), alternate (Alt), and delete (Del) keys at the same time.
- Release the keys and wait for a new menu or window to appear.
- In the bottom right corner of the screen, click the Power icon. …
- Select between Shut Down and Restart.
How do I show hidden icons on Taskbar Windows 10?
How to Show and Hide Windows 10 System Tray Icons
- Open the Settings app.
- Click Personalization.
- Click Taskbar.
- Click Select which icons appear on the taskbar.
- Click toggles to On for icons you want to show, and Off for icons you want to hide.
How do I restore the battery icon on Windows 10?
In the Taskbar settings, scroll down to the Notification area and choose Select which icons appear on the taskbar. Scroll down the list until you find the battery icon, which is called “Power.” Select its toggle switch to set it to On. You should now see the battery icon in the taskbar.
Where is the power button on a PC?
Usually, the power button for a laptop or netbook computer is located above the keyboard on the left, center, or right side. If you cannot find the power button above the keyboard, look on the right hinge on the screen.
How can I turn on my computer using the keyboard?
How to Use the Keyboard to Turn the Computer on
- Access the BIOS settings interface. When you first turn on your computer, the system BIOS can be accessed by pressing a special key. …
- Locate the appropriate setting. The setting will probably be located under the “Power Management” section. …
- Test your settings.
When I press the power button option missing?
So make sure to disable hibernation by following the on my previous reply. If hibernation is enabled, you can also go to Control Panel > Power Options > Choose what the power button does > click on Change settings that are currently unavailable > uncheck Turn on Fast Startup.