To refresh your Windows 8. x system, go to Settings > Update and Recovery > Recovery. Then under “Refresh your PC without affecting your files,” click the Get started button. Or if you do want to do a PC Reset, click the Get Started button under “Remove everything and reinstall Windows.” We’ll take the first option.
How can I format my laptop without deleting Windows?
Click Windows menu and go to “Settings” > “Update & Security” > “Reset this PC” > “Get started” > “Remove everything” > “Remove files and clean the drive”, and then follow the wizard to finish the process.
How can I format my laptop Windows 8 without CD?
Refresh without installation media
- Boot into the system and go to Computer > C: , where C: is the drive where your Windows is installed on.
- Create a new folder. …
- Insert the Windows 8/8.1 installation media and go to the Source folder. …
- Copy the install.wim file.
- Paste the install.wim file to the Win8 folder.
Do I lose Windows 8 if I Reset my PC?
Thanks! If in Reset, you choose Restore Factory settings, it would restore the OEM partition i.e. Take you back to 8.1 if it came preinstalled. A much better option is to backup your data and clean install Windows 10: You can reinstall Windows 10 at any time and it will not cost you anything !
How do I restore my Windows 8 laptop?
To reset your PC
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings. …
- Tap or click Update and recovery, and then tap or click Recovery.
- Under Remove everything and reinstall Windows, tap or click Get started.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
Can I format my laptop by myself?
Anyone can reformat their own laptop easily. Before you begin the process of reformatting your computer, you need to backup all of your information on an external hard drive or CDs and external hard drive or you will lose them.
Will formatting laptop make it faster?
Technically speaking, the answer is Yes, formatting your laptop would make it faster. It will clean your computer’s hard drive and wipe all the cache files. What’s more, if you format your laptop and upgrade it to the latest version of Windows, it would bring you an even better result.
Is formatting a laptop good?
5 Answers. In the simplest terms, if you format your laptop’s hard drive you will erase all the contents of that drive and your drive will be empty. All your programs and data will be gone.
How can I get my Windows 8 license key?
Either in the command prompt window or in PowerShell, enter the following command: wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey and confirm the command by hitting “Enter”. The program will give you the product key so that you can write it down or simply copy and paste it somewhere.
How do I Reset my Windows 8 computer without a password?
Hold down the SHIFT key and click on the Power icon visible on the bottom right of Windows 8 login screen, then click Restart option. In a moment you’ll see the recovery screen. click on the Troubleshoot option. Now click on the Reset your PC option.
How can go to Safe Mode in Windows 8?
Windows 8-How to enter [Safe Mode]?
- Click [Settings].
- Click “Change PC settings”.
- Click “General” -> Select “Advanced startup” -> Click “Restart now”. …
- Click “Troubleshoot”.
- Click “Advanced options”.
- Click “Startup Settings”.
- Click “Restart”.
- Enter the proper mode by using the numeric key or function key F1~F9.