Take the USB cable you received along with the hard drive and connect it between your hard drive and the computer. Your Windows 10 computer takes a while to detect your hard drive. Once it detects the hard drive, the pop-up dialog box titled Found New Hardware will be displayed on the screen.
How do I use WD Easystore on PC?
You should install WD Backup to use your WD Easystore drive for storing backups.
- Start by connecting your WD Easystore drive to your computer using the supplied USB cable.
- After ensuring that the drive has been firmly connected to your computer’s USB port, check if your computer recognizes it.
Does WD Easystore work with PC?
WD Easystore 1TB external portable hard drive
Works with PC and Mac.
How do I get Windows 10 to recognize my external hard drive?
Press Windows + X and select Disk Management. In Disk Management, you can see all detected disks are listed. If you see your external hard drive is listed but has no drive letter, you can right-click the drive and select Change Drive Letter and Paths.
Why is my WD Easystore not showing up?
Here are some possible reasons for a WD hard drive not recognized: A hardware problem (damaged components such as a scratched platter or a failed headstack) … Outdated or corrupt hard drive driver (download and install the latest driver to update WD) A fault with the USB port on the computer or USB device.
Why won’t my WD Elements work?
Also make sure that the drive has a drive letter assigned to it. Go into disk management and check if your drive shows there. If it shows but it does not show a drive letter, make sure you give it one. Also, try to connect the drive to a USB port in the back of the computer, avoid using a USB hub.
How do I use WD Backup?
Click “My Own Backup Items,” and then select the libraries and folders you want to back up on the Smart Picks tab. If you want to back up all of the libraries and folders suggested by the program, click “Select All.” Click the “Select” button after choosing the data sources you want to back up on the WD Passport drive.
How do I reformat my WD external hard drive for Windows?
To reformat a drive on Windows:
- Plug in the drive and open Windows Explorer.
- Right-click the drive and choose Format from the drop-down menu.
- Select the file system you want, give your drive a name under Volume label, and make sure the Quick Format box is checked.
- Click Start, and the computer will reformat your drive.
Can not install WD Discovery?
If the WD discovery installation failed on your Windows computer, then the Internet connection might be unstable. Restart your computer and check if you could run the installation. Sometimes, you may fail to install WD Discovery if some unknown malware has corrupted the files on your computer.
How do I recover data from WD Easystore?
Easy steps to recover lost data from WD Easystore hard drive
Step 1: Connect the WD Easystore hard drive to your computer and choose it. Connect the WD Easystore hard drive to your computer via USB cable. Do Your Data Recovery Free will show it on the main interface. Just choose it to start data recovery.
How do I fix Windows not detecting my hard drive?
To check to see if this is the cause of the BIOS not detecting the hard drive, follow these steps:
- Power off the computer.
- Open the computer case and remove the data cable from the hard drive. This will stop any power saving commands from being sent.
- Turn on the system. Check to see if the hard drive is spinning.
How do I get my computer to recognize my external hard drive?
What to Do When Your External Hard Drive Won’t Show Up
- Make Sure It’s Plugged In and Powered On. Western Digital My Book. …
- Try Another USB Port (or Another PC) …
- Update Your Drivers. …
- Enable and Format the Drive in Disk Management. …
- Clean the Disk and Start From Scratch. …
- Remove and Test the Bare Drive.
How do I get my computer to recognize an external hard drive?
Open Disk Management tool, go to Search, type diskmgmt. msc and press Enter. If the external drive is found listed in the Disk Management window, simply format it properly, so that it shows up next time you connect it to your PC.