To start the server, run the start-ds command on UNIX or Linux systems or the start-ds. bat command on Windows systems. By default, the start-ds command starts the server as a background process when no options are specified.
How do I start Linux server after shutdown?
Linux system restart
To reboot Linux using the command line: To reboot the Linux system from a terminal session, sign in or “su”/”sudo” to the “root” account. Then type “ sudo reboot ” to reboot the box. Wait for some time and the Linux server will reboot itself.
How do I start the server?
Start the server from the Windows command prompt
- Open the Windows command prompt. Click Start > Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt.
- Change directories to the RUN folder of your Service Manager installation. For example: …
- Type the following command: sm -httpPort:13080 -httpsPort:13081. …
- Press Enter.
How do I start an SSH server?
You can install OpenSSH Server by launching Windows Settings and then navigating to Apps > Optional features, clicking Add a feature, selecting OpenSSH Server, and clicking Install. Once added, it will be shown in the list of optional features. Once it is installed, you will need to start the service.
Can Ubuntu be used as a server?
Accordingly, Ubuntu Server can run as an email server, file server, web server, and samba server. Specific packages include Bind9 and Apache2. Whereas Ubuntu desktop applications are focused for use on the host machine, Ubuntu Server packages concentrate on allowing connectivity with clients as well as security.
How do I install a server?
Installation and Configuration Steps
- Install and Configure Application Server.
- Install and Configure Access Manager.
- Add Instances to the Platform Server List and Realm/DNS Aliases.
- Add Listeners to the Clusters for the Load Balancer.
- Restart All Application Server Instances.
What does init 0 do in Linux?
Basically init 0 change the current run level to run level 0. shutdown -h can run by any user but init 0 can only run by superuser. Essentially the end result is the same but shutdown allows useful options which on a multiuser system creates less enemies 2 members found this post helpful.
How long does Linux take to reboot?
Depending on the OS installed on your servers like Windows or Linux, the restart time will vary from 2 mins to 5 mins. There are several other factors that can slow your reboot time which includes software and applications installed on your server, any database application that loads along with your OS, etc.
How do I remotely turn on a Linux server?
- Enter the BIOS of your server machine and enable the wake on lan/wake on network feature. …
- Boot your Ubuntu and run “sudo ethtool -s eth0 wol g” assuming eth0 is your network card. …
- run also “sudo ifconfig” and annotate the MAC address of the network card as it is required later to wake the PC.
How do I start and stop a server?
From the command line window where the Application Server is running, enter Ctrl-C . From the Windows Start menu, select Settings > Control Panel. Double-click Administrative Tools, and double-click Services. Right-click- BladeLogic Application Server and select Stop from the pop-up menu.
How do I start a Valheim server?
To host a game locally, either create a new world or choose an existing one, then select the ‘Start server’ option. Next, you’ll be prompted to enter a password and once that’s done, click ‘Start’ to load in. Others can now search for your server under Join Game and enter the password to connect.
How do I start node server?
- Open a terminal window (Mac) or a command window (Windows), and navigate (cd) to the ionic-tutorial/server directory.
- Install the server dependencies: npm install.
- Start the server: node server. If you get an error, make sure you don’t have another server listening on port 5000.