How do I restore my HP computer to factory settings?
Method 1: Using Windows Settings to Factory Reset your HP Laptop
- On your keyboard, press Windows Key+S.
- Type “reset this PC” (no quotes), then press Enter.
- Go to the right pane, then select Get Started.
- You can choose to keep your files or remove everything.
8 авг. 2018 г.
How do you delete everything on a Windows 8 computer?
If you’re using Windows 8.1 or 10, wiping your hard drive is easy.
- Select Settings (the gear icon on the Start menu)
- Select Update & security, then Recovery.
- Choose Remove everything, then Remove files and clean the drive.
- Then click Next, Reset, and Continue.
How do I restore my computer to factory settings Windows 8 without CD?
Select “General,” then scroll down until you see “Remove everything and reinstall Windows.” Click on “Get Started,” then select “Next.” Select “Clean the drive fully.” This option wipes your hard drive, and reinstalls Windows 8 like new. Click on “Reset” to confirm that you want to reinstall Windows 8.
How do I factory reset my HP laptop Windows 8 without password?
Hold down the SHIFT key and click on the Power icon visible on the bottom right of Windows 8 login screen, then click Restart option. In a moment you’ll see the recovery screen. click on the Troubleshoot option. Now click on the Reset your PC option.
How do I restore my computer to factory settings?
Navigate to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery. You should see a title that says “Reset this PC.” Click Get Started. You can either select Keep My Files or Remove Everything. The former resets your options to default and removes uninstalled apps, like browsers, but keeps your data intact.
How do you master reset a laptop?
To hard reset your computer, you’ll need to physically turn it off by cutting the power source and then turn it back on by reconnecting the power source and rebooting the machine. On a desktop computer, switch off the power supply or unplug the unit itself, then restart the machine in the normal manner.
How do I reset my Windows 8 laptop to factory settings?
The steps are:
- Start the computer.
- Press and hold the F8 key.
- At Advanced Boot Options, choose Repair Your Computer.
- Press Enter.
- Select a keyboard language and click Next.
- If prompted, login with an administrative account.
- At the System Recovery Options, choose System Restore or Startup Repair (if this is available)
How do I wipe my hard drive without deleting Windows?
Windows 8- choose “Settings” from the Charm Bar> Change PC Settings> General> choose the “Get Started” option under “Remove Everything and Reinstall Windows”> Next> select which drives you want to wipe> choose whether you want to remove your files or fully clean the drive> Reset.
How do I wipe my Windows 7 computer clean?
Click Start, then choose “Control Panel.” Click “System and Security,” then choose “Restore Your Computer to an Earlier Time” in the Action Center section. 2. Click “Advanced Recovery Methods,” then choose “Return Your Computer to Factory Condition.”
How do I restore Windows 10 without a disk?
How do I reinstall Windows without a disk?
- Go to “Start” > “Settings” > “Update & Security” > “Recovery”.
- Under “Reset this PC option”, tap “Get Started”.
- Choose “Remove everything” and then choose to “Remove files and clean the drive”.
- Finally, click “Reset” to begin reinstalling Windows 10.
25 мар. 2021 г.
How do I completely wipe my computer Windows 10?
How to Reset Your Windows 10 PC
- Navigate to Settings. …
- Select “Update & security”
- Click Recovery in the left pane.
- Click either “Keep my files” or “Remove everything,” depending on whether you want to keep your data files intact. …
- Select Just remove my files or Remove files and clean the drive if you chose “Remove everything” in the prior step.
How do I reset my HP computer to factory settings windows 7?
factory reset on Hp windows 7 pavilion dv7-1245dx
- Turn off the computer.
- Disconnect all connected devices and cables such as Personal Media Drives, USB drives, printers, and faxes. …
- Turn on the computer and repeatedly press the F11 key, about once every second, until Recovery Manager opens. …
- Under I need help immediately, click System Recovery.
How do I unlock my HP computer if I forgot my password?
Reset your computer when all other options fail
- On the sign-in screen, press and hold the Shift key, click the power icon, select Restart, and continue pressing the Shift key until the Choose an option screen displays.
- Click Troubleshoot.
- Click Reset this PC, and then click Remove everything.
How do you reset a locked HP laptop?
Step 1: Restart your HP laptop and wait for the login screen to appear. Step 2: Press the “Shift” key 5 times to activate the Super Administrator Account.
How can I get into my laptop if I forgot the password Windows 8?
Go to account.live.com/password/reset and follow the on-screen prompts. You can reset a forgotten Windows 8 password online like this only if you’re using a Microsoft account. If you’re using a local account, your password is not stored with Microsoft online and so can’t be reset by them.