To block Windows Installer, you have to edit the Group Policy. In the Group Policy Editor of Windows 10, go to Local Computer Policy > Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Installer, double-click Turn off Windows Installer, and set it to Enabled.
How do you stop a program from installing?
How do I force stop installation? Right-click on the taskbar and open Task Manager. Click the Processes tab. Select msiexec.exe, right-click on it, and End Process.
How do I stop Windows installer from installing programs?
To stop the process, you must search for its process in the Task Manager.
- Press “Ctrl” + “Shift” + “Esc” on your keyboard to open the Task Manager without any intermediate screen.
- Click the “Processes” tab. Scroll down to “msiexec.exe,” right-click it and click “End Process.” Try running another installer now.
How do I stop a program from installing by Group Policy?
- Open gpmc. msc , select the GPO to which you will add the policy.
- Navigate Computer Configuration, Policies, Administrative Templates, Windows Components, Windows Installer.
- Set the policy “Prohibit User Install” to “Enabled”.
- [Optional] Set the policy “User Install Behavior” to “Hide User Installs”.
Can’t uninstall another program is being installed?
Quit the Windows Installer process in Task Manager
Don’t quit the installation. Right-click Start and open Task Manager from the Power User menu. Under the Details tab, navigate to msiexec.exe, right-click on it, and terminate the process (End task). Try restarting the installation again.
How do I close a setup?
Close programs running in the background in Windows
- Press and hold the CTRL and ALT keys, and then press the DELETE key. The Windows Security window appears.
- From the Windows Security window, click Task Manager or Start Task Manager. The Windows Task Manager opens.
- From the Windows Task Manager, open the Applications tab. …
- Now open the Processes tab.
How do I repair windows installer package?
How to Fix a Problem With Windows Installer Package
- Restart the computer. Restarting Windows can fix a variety of problems, including Windows Installer package errors.
- Update Windows. …
- Update Windows apps. …
- Run a Windows Troubleshooter. …
- Repair the app. …
- Reset the app. …
- Reinstall the app. …
- Disable some start-up apps.
18 июн. 2020 г.
Can I disable Windows Installer?
Open Local Group Policy Editor and expand Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Windows Installer . Double-click the policy named “Turn off Windows Installer” in the right pane. Select Enabled. Click the “Disable Windows Installer” drop-down list and select Always.
Why is Windows Installer always running?
So when you see this process running, it definitely means that some software is being installed, changed, or uninstalled. Many software use the Windows Installer to carry out the installation process.
How do I restrict someone from running a specific program?
Option 1 – Apply Group Policy
- Hold down the Windows Key and press “R” to bring up the Run dialog box.
- Type “gpedit. …
- Expand “User Configuration” > “Administrative Templates“, then select “System“.
- Open the policy “Don’t run specified Windows applications“.
- Set the policy to “Enabled“, then select “Show…”
How do I deploy a program using group policy?
Click on the Start button and go to Control Panel. Double-click the Add or Remove programs applet and select Add New Programs. In the Add programs from your network list select the program you published. Use the Add button to install the package.
How do I use group policy on a specific computer?
How to apply a Group Policy Object to individual users or…
- Select the Group Policy Object in the Group Policy Management Console (GPMC) and the click on the “Delegation” tab and then click on the “Advanced” button.
- Select the “Authenticated Users” security group and then scroll down to the “Apply Group Policy” permission and un-tick the “Allow” security setting.
How do you fix Please wait until the current program is finished uninstalling?
How do I fix the Current program is finished uninstalling error?
- Restart your computer.
- Use a third-party uninstaller.
- Perform a System Restore.
- Restart explorer.exe.
- Remove / disable your antivirus.
- Re-register Windows Installer.
- Stop Windows Installer service.
- Download Microsoft’s troubleshooter.
24 апр. 2020 г.
How do you check if a program is installing?
Select Start > Settings > Apps. Apps can also be found on Start . The most used apps are at the top, followed by an alphabetical list.
How can I see what is being installed on my computer?
How to Find Out What Is Being Installed on Your Computer
- Log in to a user account in Windows.
- Click “Start” and then “Control Panel.”
- Click “Programs” and then choose “Programs and Features” option.
- Scroll down the list that contains all software that is installed on your computer. The column “Installed On” specifies a date on which a particular program was installed.