How do I take my computer out of BIOS?
In the BIOS setup utility window, press the ARROW keys to navigate through the menus. Press the PLUS (+) or MINUS (-) keys to modify the BIOS setup values. Press the F10 key to exit the BIOS setup utility.
How do I fix a stuck BIOS?
Solution 5: Clear the CMOS (BIOS)
- Turn off every peripheral device attached to the computer.
- Disconnect the system power cord from its AC power source.
- Remove the computer case cover.
- Find the CMOS battery on the motherboard. …
- Remove the CMOS battery. …
- Wait for between 1–5 minutes.
- Reinsert the battery.
How can I fix a PC stuck at the boot menu?
Solution 4: Reinstall Windows
Step 1: Restart the PC, and then press F2, or F9 or Del/Esc key to enter the BIOS. Select PC boot from USB drive or DVD. Step 2: Insert DVD or USB flash drive and restart your PC. Let your PC boot into the Setup.
Why is my PC stuck on the boot screen?
Software glitches, faulty hardware or removable media connected to your computer can sometimes cause the computer to hang and become unresponsive during the startup process. You can use a selection of troubleshooting techniques to fix the problem and get your computer starting normally.
How do I get out of BIOS boot loop?
Unplug power cable from PSU. Press the power button for 20 seconds. Remove the CMOS battery and wait 5 minutes and insert CMOS battery back. Make sure to connect only the disk where Windows was installed…if you installed Windows while having only one disk on your PC.
Why is my laptop stuck on BIOS screen?
Go to the BIOS settings of the computer that’s stuck on the BIOS screen. Change the boot order to let the computer from a USB drive or CD/DVD. … Reboot your faulty computer; you will now be able to gain access. Also, plugin an external drive that you can use as storage for the data you are about to recover.
Why can’t I exit BIOS?
If you can’t exit BIOS on your PC, the issue is most likely caused by your BIOS settings. … Enter BIOS, go to Security Options and disable Secure Boot. Now save changes and restart your PC. Enter BIOS again and this time go to Boot section.
How do I reset my BIOS to default?
Reset the BIOS to Default Settings (BIOS)
- Access the BIOS Setup utility. See Accessing BIOS.
- Press the F9 key to automatically load the factory default settings. …
- Confirm the changes by highlighting OK, then press Enter. …
- To save the changes and exit the BIOS Setup utility, press the F10 key.
How do you unfreeze your computer when Control Alt Delete doesn’t work?
Try Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open the Task Manager so you can kill any unresponsive programs. Should neither of these work, give Ctrl + Alt + Del a press. If Windows doesn’t respond to this after some time, you’ll need to hard shutdown your computer by holding the Power button for several seconds.
How do I start my computer in safe mode when f8 doesn’t work?
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key + R at the same time to invoke the Run box. 2) Type msconfig in the Run box and click OK. 3) Click Boot. In Boot options, check the box next to Safe boot and select Minimal, and click OK.
What do you do if the computer does not boot up after turning on?
What to Do When Your Computer Won’t Start
- Give It More Power. (Photo: Zlata Ivleva) …
- Check Your Monitor. (Photo: Zlata Ivleva) …
- Listen for the Beep. (Photo: Michael Sexton) …
- Unplug Unnecessary USB Devices. …
- Reseat the Hardware Inside. …
- Explore the BIOS. …
- Scan for Viruses Using a Live CD. …
- Boot Into Safe Mode.