In iTunes, choose Preferences, then click Devices. From here, you can right-click on the backup that you want, then choose Delete or Archive. Click OK when you’re finished. Click Delete Backup, then confirm.
Is it OK to delete old iPhone backups on Mac?
A: The short answer is no—deleting your old iPhone backup from iCloud is completely safe and won’t affect any of the data on your actual iPhone. … You can remove any device backup stored in iCloud by going into your iOS Settings app and selecting iCloud, Storage & Backup and then Manage Storage.
Can I delete old Mac backups?
Scroll through your backups and select the one you want to delete. Click on the Gear icon in the Finder window. Select Delete Backup. If you want to delete all backups of a selected file, choose Delete all backups of X.
How do I delete backups from my Mac?
Remove a backup using your Mac
- On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then do one of the following: macOS 10.15 or later: Click Apple ID, click iCloud, then click Manage. …
- Click Backups on the left, select an iOS or iPadOS device on the right whose backup you don’t need, then click Delete.
How do I free up space on my Mac to delete old backups?
How do I get rid of all these backups?
- Open Time Machine Preferences from the Time Machine menu in the menu bar on your Mac.
- Uncheck Back Up Automatically.
- Wait a few minutes for the local snapshots to delete.
- Check Back Up Automatically again.
What happens if I delete my iPhone backup from my Mac?
They’re used to restore your iDevice without needing a download if there has been no new update to iOS. If you delete these files and you later need to restore your iPhone, iTunes will update to the newest iOS version by uploading the appropriate installer file.
Do I need to keep old iPhone backups on my computer?
you need from the old backups on your phone. If the data is on your phone now, it will be included in your new backup. Then you won’t need the old backups anymore. You might want to back it up to your computer using iTunes before deleting the old backups.
Can I delete old Time Machine backups manually?
If you do need to manually delete old backups from Time Machine, you can do so using Finder or the Time Machine app.
How long should a Mac backup take?
If it’s just a normal backup it’s unlikely to take more than five minutes. If you feel that the Time Machine backup is taking too long there are ways to speed it up, which we look at below.
How do I free up space on my Mac?
How to free up storage space manually
- Music, movies, and other media can use a lot of storage space. …
- Delete other files that you no longer need by moving them to the Trash, then emptying the Trash. …
- Move files to an external storage device.
- Compress files.
Will deleting old backup delete everything?
The short answer is no—deleting your old iPhone backup from iCloud is completely safe and won’t affect any of the data on your actual iPhone. In fact, even deleting the backup of your current iPhone won’t have any impact on what’s actually on your device.