But unfortunately, Live Mail was ceased at Windows 7, and it doesn’t come with Windows 10. But even if it isn’t pre-installed in Windows 10, Windows Live Mail is still compatible with Microsoft’s newest operating system.
Can I use Windows Live Mail with Windows 10?
Windows Live Mail is designed to run on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2, but is also compatible with Windows 8 and Windows 10, even though Microsoft bundles a new email client, named Windows Mail, with the latter.
How do I set up Windows Live Mail on Windows 10?
Setting Up Windows Live Mail
- Select Accounts and thenE-mail.
- Enter your e-mail address and password. Check Manually configure server settings. Click on Next.
- Choose the server type IMAP and enter the server address imap.mail.com and the port 993 . Check Requires a secure connection. …
- Click on Next and then on Finish.
What replaces Windows Live Mail in Windows 10?
5 best alternatives to Windows Live Mail (free and paid)
- Microsoft Office Outlook (paid) The first alternative to Windows Live Mail is not a free program, but a paid one. …
- 2. Mail and Calendar (free) The Mail and Calendar app is developed by Microsoft and comes bundled with Windows 10. …
- eM Client (free and paid) …
- Mailbird (free and paid) …
- Thunderbird (free and open-source)
12 июл. 2017 г.
Is Windows Live Mail still working?
After warning users in 2016 of coming changes, Microsoft stopped official support for Windows Live Mail 2012 and other programs in the Windows Essentials 2012 suite on Jan. 10, 2017. … If you don’t care for managing your inbox through a web browser, there are third-party applications to replace Windows Live Mail.
Can Windows Live Mail be transferred to new computer?
If you are using one email only, you can transfer mail, contacts and calendars to your new computer simply by signing into Windows Live Mail using your Microsoft or Windows Live ID on your new computer. It will begin to transfer automatically.
How do I get Windows Mail on Windows 10?
How to setup email on Windows 10 Mail
- Open Windows 10 Mail. Firstly, you’ll need to open Windows 10 Mail by clicking on the Start button, then clicking on ‘Mail’.
- Choose ‘Settings’ …
- Choose ‘Manage Accounts’ …
- Choose ‘Add account’ …
- Choose ‘Advanced setup’ …
- Choose ‘Internet email’ …
- Enter your account details. …
- Windows 10 Mail Setup is complete.
Why is my windows live mail not working?
Solution to Fix this issue
Try to run Windows Live Mail as Administrator in compatibility mode. Try to re-configure the Windows Live Mail account. Remove the existing WLM account and create a new one. Try reinstalling Windows Essentials 2012 on your Windows 10.
Where does Windows 10 store windows live mail?
Note: Your Windows Live Mail e-mail is stored by default in the %UserProfile%AppDataLocalMicrosoftWindows Live Mail.
How do I restore my Windows Live Mail?
Right-click on the Windows Live Mail folder and select Restore Previous Version. This will Windows Live Mail properties window. In the Previous Versions tab, click the Restore button. Windows will scan the system and start the recovery process.
Is Windows mail the same as Windows Live Mail?
The Mail app is simpler but less powerful than Windows Live Mail: it has limited options for sorting emails, and it cannot send emails to groups. Outlook is far more powerful than Windows Live Mail and has more advanced features for emails, contacts, calendars and to-do lists.
Can I reinstall Windows Live Mail without losing?
Get to know how to reinstall windows live mail without losing the emails: … Furthermore the users are required to click on the programs section and then on the control panel and then on the reinstall option inorder to reinstall Windows live mail without losing their emails.
How do I repair Windows Live Mail in Windows 10?
Please follow the steps below on how to repair Windows Live Mail:
- Go to Control Panel.
- Under Programs, click Uninstall a Program.
- Locate Windows Live Essential then click Uninstall/Change.
- When a window appears, select Repair all Windows Live programs.
- Restart your computer after the repair.
30 июн. 2013 г.
How do I update Windows Live Mail?
To address your concern, I suggest that you check first for updates in your computer. Do this by going to your Control Panel then click Windows Update then choose Check for updates. If there is no updates for Windows Live Essentials, proceed to doing a clean removal of Windows Live Essentials.