You can sync an iPhone with a Windows 10 computer wirelessly (over your local WiFi network) or via the Lightning cable. … Open iTunes in Windows 10. Plug your iPhone (or iPad or iPod) into the computer using a Lightning cable (or older 30-pin connector). Click on Device in iTunes and choose your iPhone.
Will an iPhone work with Windows 10?
The Your Phone app on Windows 10 also works best with Android phones. Apple doesn’t allow Microsoft or other developers to integrate as deeply with the iPhone’s iOS as it does.
How do I connect my iPhone to my Windows 10 PC?
How to Sync Your iPhone with Windows 10
- Connect your iPhone to your laptop with a Lightning cable. …
- Click Continue when asked if the computer can have access to the phone.
- Click the phone icon in the top bar.
- Click Sync. …
- Check your photos, music, apps and videos to confirm that they arrived on the phone from Windows 10.
Should I link my iPhone to my PC?
Pairing your iPhone with your computer allows you to take advantage of hands-free technology such as Bluetooth-enabled headsets and trackpads. … Bluetooth provides a simple way to connect to other devices without the need for a password. This makes it possible to quickly connect most devices with the push of a button.
Can I use an iPhone with a Windows computer?
No problem! Even though iPhone is made by Apple and Windows is a Microsoft product they can well work together. As an added bonus, with cloud services there is no need to ever have to plug your phone into your computer with a cable to sync your iPhone with your PC.
How do I connect my iPhone to Windows 10 without cable?
Turn on Wi-Fi syncing
- Connect your device to your computer. You can connect your device using a USB or USB-C cable or a Wi-Fi connection. …
- In the iTunes app on your PC, click the Device button near the top left of the iTunes window.
- Click Summary.
- Select the tickbox for “Sync with this [device] over Wi-Fi”.
- Click Apply.
How do I connect my iPhone to Windows 10 via USB?
How can I tether an iPhone to a PC via USB?
- Step 1: Download the latest version of iTunes for Windows on your PC, install the program and run it.
- Step 2: Activate the Personal Hotspot on your iPhone. …
- Step 3: Connect your iPhone to your PC via the USB cable.
What does linking your iPhone to Windows 10 do?
The revamped iCloud for Windows app introduces a new iCloud Drive feature that makes it easier to share files between iOS devices and Windows 10 PCs. The one-time rivals for desktop domination and former smartphone competitors are collaborating to improve the experience for iPhone owners who use Windows 10 PCs.
Why should I link my phone to my PC?
Android Users Get the Best Integration
If you’re an Android user, you can use it to text right from your PC, see all your phone’s notifications, and quickly transfer photos. If you have the right phone and PC, you can even use the Your Phone app to mirror your phone’s screen and see it on your PC.