You can also access BIOS through the Command Prompt. Click on the Start button and type ‘Command Prompt’. It will show ‘Command Prompt’ in search results. Select the ‘Run as administrator’ option from expanded options in the Start menu.
How do I get to BIOS from Command Prompt?
Using the Command Prompt in Windows
- Type CMD in the search box. Select Command Prompt or CMD.
- The Command Prompt window appears. Type wmic bios get smbiosbiosversion and then press Enter. The string of letters and numbers following SMBBIOSBIOSVersion is the BIOS version. Write down the BIOS version number.
How do I go directly to BIOS?
In order to access BIOS on a Windows PC, you must press your BIOS key set by your manufacturer which could be F10, F2, F12, F1, or DEL. If your PC goes through its power on self-test startup too quickly, you can also enter BIOS through Windows 10’s advanced start menu recovery settings.
Can I boot from Command Prompt?
Booting Windows 10 in Command Prompt requires that you have Windows 10 on a bootable disc or USB drive. Here’s how you can start your Windows 10 PC in Command Prompt: Power on your computer. … When the BIOS interface appears on the screen, go to the Boot tab.
What is the command for BIOS?
Open the BIOS menu. As the computer reboots, press F2, F10, F12, or Del to enter the computer BIOS menu. You may need to press the key repeatedly, as boot times for some computers can be very quick.
How do I check my BIOS version?
How to identify the BIOS version of your motherboard
- There is a sticker on the BIOS chipset, which contains the default BIOS version. …
- When your computer is starting up, press F2 to enter the BIOS setup. …
- In Windows OS, you can use system detection software such as CPU-Z to check the BIOS version.
How can I enter BIOS if F2 key is not working?
Fast Boot in BIOS reduces computer boot time. With Fast Boot enabled: You can’t press F2 to enter BIOS Setup.
- Go to Advanced > Boot > Boot Configuration.
- In the Boot Display Config pane: Enable POST Function Hotkeys Displayed. Enable Display F2 to Enter Setup.
- Press F10 to save and exit BIOS.
How do I enter BIOS on Windows 10?
How to enter the BIOS on a Windows 10 PC
- Navigate to Settings. You can get there by clicking the gear icon on the Start menu. …
- Select Update & Security. …
- Select Recovery from the left menu. …
- Click Restart Now under Advanced startup. …
- Click Troubleshoot.
- Click Advanced options.
- Select UEFI Firmware Settings. …
- Click Restart.
How do I change BIOS settings?
How Do I Completely Change the BIOS on My Computer?
- Restart your computer and look for the keys–or combination of keys–you must press to access your computer’s setup, or BIOS. …
- Press the key or combination of keys to access your computer’s BIOS.
- Use the “Main” tab to change the system date and time.
How do I check my BIOS version Windows 10?
How to access BIOS Windows 10
- Open ‘Settings. ‘ You’ll find ‘Settings’ under the Windows start menu in the bottom left corner.
- Select ‘Update & security. ‘ …
- Under the ‘Recovery’ tab, choose ‘Restart now. ‘ …
- Select ‘Troubleshoot. ‘ …
- Click on ‘Advanced options.’
- Select ‘UEFI Firmware Settings. ‘
How do I boot to Command Prompt?
To create a bootable USB flash drive
- Insert a USB flash drive into a running computer.
- Open a Command Prompt window as an administrator.
- Type diskpart .
- In the new command line window that opens, to determine the USB flash drive number or drive letter, at the command prompt, type list disk , and then click ENTER.
How do I get a CMD prompt in Windows 10?
The quickest way to open a Command Prompt window is through the Power User Menu, which you can access by right-clicking the Windows icon in the bottom-left corner of your screen, or with the keyboard shortcut Windows Key + X. It’ll appear in the menu twice: Command Prompt and Command Prompt (Admin).