You can now install Windows 8.1 normally using the installation media you created. You won’t be prompted for a product key while installing it. After the installation process completes, you’ll see a product key prompt. You can enter your Windows 8 product key here, and Windows 8.1 will accept it for some reason.
Can I install Windows 8 without a product key?
Now Windows 7 and 8 Setup will let you install without Product Key, and also lets you choose the Edition you want to install. You don’t need to edit ei. cfg every time. Quickest option (no need to modify and burn a DVD or create an install flash drive) is to use a generic key.
Does Windows 8.1 require a product key?
The fastest and easiest way to install Windows 8.1 without a product key is by creating a Windows installation USB drive. We need to download a Windows 8.1 ISO from Microsoft if we haven’t already. Then, we can use a 4GB or larger USB flash drive and an app, such as Rufus, to create a Windows 8.1 installation USB.
How do I reinstall Windows without a product key?
Click Start > Settings in accessible Windows 10.
- In Settings windows, click on Get started under Update & security > Recovery > Reset this PC.
- Wait for Windows 10 starting and choose Remove everything in following window.
- Then Windows 10 will check your choice and get ready to clean reinstall Windows 10.
How can I activate my Windows 8.1 without product key?
Without a product key, you won’t be able to activate your device. Your product key should be in the confirmation email you received after buying Windows, included with the packaging that came with your PC, or on the Certificate of Authenticity (COA) attached to the back or bottom of your PC.
How can I activate my Windows 8 for free?
To activate Windows 8 over the Internet:
- Log in to the computer as an administrator, and then connect to the Internet.
- Press the Windows + I keys to open the Settings charm.
- Select Change PC settings in the lower-right corner of the screen.
- In PC settings, select the Activate Windows tab. …
- Select the Enter key button.
What happens if Windows 8 is not activated?
I would like to inform you that Windows 8 will last without activating, for 30 days. During the 30 day period, Windows will show the Activate Windows watermark about every 3 hours or so. … After 30 days, Windows will ask you to activate and every hour the computer will shut down (Turn off).
How long can I use Windows 8.1 without activation?
You don’t have to activate Windows 8
It is true that the installer requires you to enter a valid Windows 8 key before you can continue with installation. However, the key isn’t activated at install time and the installation goes just fine without Internet connection (or calling Microsoft).
How do I get a Windows 8.1 product key?
So you could go to www.microsoftstore.com and buy a download version of Windows 8.1. You’ll get an email with the product key, which you can use, and you can just ignore (never download) the actual file. Microsoft MVPs are independent experts offering real-world answers. Learn more at mvp.microsoft.com.
How do I restore Windows 8.1 without a disk?
Refresh without installation media
- Boot into the system and go to Computer > C: , where C: is the drive where your Windows is installed on.
- Create a new folder. …
- Insert the Windows 8/8.1 installation media and go to the Source folder. …
- Copy the install.wim file.
- Paste the install.wim file to the Win8 folder.
Is Windows 10 illegal without activation?
It’s legal to install Windows 10 before you activate it, but you’ll not be able to personalize it or access some other features. Make sure if you buy a Product Key to get it from a major retailer who backs their sales or Microsoft as any really cheap keys are almost always bogus.
Will I lose my Windows 10 license if I reset?
You will not lose the license/product key after resetting the system if the Windows version installed earlier is activated and genuine. … Resetting will re-install Windows but deletes your files, settings, and apps except for those apps that came with your PC.
How do I get rid of Windows activation?
Remove activate windows watermark permanently
- Right-click on desktop > display settings.
- Go to Notifications & actions.
- There you should turn off two options “Show me windows welcome experience…” and “Get tips, tricks, and suggestions…”
- Restart your system, And check there is no more activate Windows watermark.
27 июл. 2020 г.
Is Windows 8.1 still available?
Microsoft ended mainstream support for Windows 8.1 on January 9, 2018, and extended support will end on January 10, 2023.
How can I activate my Windows 8 or 8.1 for free?
Method 1: Manual
- Select the right license key for your Windows edition. …
- Run command prompt in admin mode. …
- Use command “slmgr /ipk your_key” to install a license key. …
- Use command “slmgr /skms kms8.msguides.com” to connect to my KMS server. …
- Activate your Windows using the command “slmgr /ato”.
11 мар. 2020 г.
Is Windows 8.1 update still available?
Windows 8 has reach end of support, which means Windows 8 devices no longer receive important security updates. … Beginning in July 2019, the Windows 8 Store is officially closed. While you can no longer install or update applications from the Windows 8 Store, you can continue using those already installed.