Can Windows 10 and Windows 7 be on the same HomeGroup?
HomeGroup is only available on Windows 7, Windows 8. x, and Windows 10, which means that you won’t be able to connect any Windows XP and Windows Vista machines. There can be only one HomeGroup per network. … Only computers joined with a HomeGroup password can use the resources on the local network.
Can I share files between Windows 7 and Windows 10?
From Windows 7 to Windows 10:
Open drive or partition in Windows 7 Explorer, right-click on the folder or files that you want to share and select “Share with” > Choose “Specific people…”. … Choose “Everyone” in the drop-down menu on File Sharing, click “Add” to confirm.
Why can’t I find HomeGroup on Windows 10?
HomeGroup has been removed from Windows 10 (Version 1803). However, even though it has been removed, you can still share printers and files by using features that are built into Windows 10. To learn how to share printers in Windows 10, see Share your network printer.
How do I connect my Windows 7 laptop to Windows 10?
How do I transfer files between PCs using an ethernet cable?
- Configure the Windows 7 PC. Go to the Windows 7 PC. Press Start. Go to the Control Panel. …
- Define what files can be shared. Select a folder you want to share. Right-click it and select Properties. …
- Configure the Windows 10 PC. Go to the Windows 10 PC. Press Start.
3 янв. 2020 г.
Can Windows 10 read a Windows 7 hard drive?
Both Windows 7 and 10 use the same file system. This means either computer can read the other’s hard drive. … Just get one of these SATA to USB adapters, and you can connect the Windows 10 hard drive to your Windows 7 machine.
How do I setup a home network in Windows 10 without a HomeGroup?
Set Up Network Access on Windows 10 and Share a Folder Without Creating Homegroup
- Right-click the network icon and select Open Network and Sharing Center:
- Click on Change advanced sharing settings:
- In the “Current Profile” section select: …
- In the “All Networks” section select “Turn off password protected sharing“:
17 июн. 2017 г.
How do I share a printer on a network from Windows 7 to Windows 10?
Click Start, type “devices and printers,” and then hit Enter or click the result. Right-click the printer you want to share with the network and then select “Printer properties”. The “Printer Properties” window shows you all kinds of things you can configure about the printer. For now, click the “Sharing” tab.
How can I share my PC with Windows 7?
Follow these steps to begin setting up the network:
- Click Start , and then click Control Panel.
- Under Network and Internet, click Choose Homegroup and sharing options. …
- In the Homegroup settings window, click Change advanced sharing settings. …
- Turn on network discovery and file and printer sharing. …
- Click Save changes.
How do I setup a home network with Windows 7 and Windows 10?
Setting Up a HomeGroup in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10. To create your first HomeGroup, click Start > Settings > Networking & Internet > Status > HomeGroup. This will open the HomeGroups control panel. Click Create a homegroup to begin.
What replaced HomeGroup in Windows 10?
Microsoft recommends two company features to replace HomeGroup on devices running Windows 10:
- OneDrive for file storage.
- The Share functionality to share folders and printers without using the cloud.
- Using Microsoft Accounts to share data between apps that support syncing (e.g. Mail app).
20 дек. 2017 г.
What happened to workgroup in Windows 10?
In May, Windows removed the workgroup for file sharing.
How do I setup a home network in Windows 10?
Create a homegroup
- Open HomeGroup by typing homegroup in the search box on the taskbar, and then selecting HomeGroup.
- Select Create a homegroup > Next.
- Select the libraries and devices you want to share with the homegroup, and then select Next.
- A password will appear—print it or write it down. …
- Select Finish.
How do I transfer files from my computer wirelessly to Windows 7?
- Connect both computers to the same WiFi router.
- Enable File and Printer Sharing on both computers. If you right click on a file or folder from either computer and choose to Share it, you will be prompted to turn on File and Printer Sharing. …
- View the Available Network computers from either computer.
How do I share files on my PC Windows 10?
File sharing over a network in Windows 10
- Right-click or press a file, select Give access to > Specific people.
- Select a file, select the Share tab at the top of File Explorer, and then in the Share with section select Specific people.
What cable do I need to transfer from PC to PC?
For PC-to-PC transfer, you first need to know how to connect the two computers. To do so, you need a USB-to-USB bridging cable or USB networking cable. The PC data transfer cable has a small electronic circuit in the middle allowing the two PCs to talk to each other.