If your computer is currently running Windows 8, you can upgrade to Windows 8.1 for free. Once you’ve installed Windows 8.1, we recommend that you then upgrade your computer to Windows 10, which is also a free upgrade.
Can I download Windows 8 for free?
Is Windows 8 Free? This version of Windows can be downloaded for free, however a license to activate it can not, and Microsoft no longer sell them as it has been superseded by the newer Windows 10. Owners of a license for this version of Windows could, for a time, upgrade to Windows 10 for free.
How do I download and install Windows 8.1 for free?
To do so, navigate to the Start screen, click or tap the Windows Store tile access the Your apps section of the Store, and select all the apps you want to install before tapping or clicking Install. Like the Windows 8.1 update, the apps will automatically download in the background while you work.
How can I update my Windows 7 to Windows 8 for free?
Press Start → All Programs. When the program list shows, find “Windows Update” and click to execute. Click “Check for updates” to download the necessary updates. Install updates for your system.
Can I use Windows 8.1 without product key?
The fastest and easiest way to install Windows 8.1 without a product key is by creating a Windows installation USB drive. We need to download a Windows 8.1 ISO from Microsoft if we haven’t already. Then, we can use a 4GB or larger USB flash drive and an app, such as Rufus, to create a Windows 8.1 installation USB.
How do I activate Windows 8 without a product key?
Activate Windows 8 without Windows 8 Serial Key
- You will find a code on the webpage. Copy and paste it in a notepad.
- Go to File, Save the document as “Windows8.cmd”
- Now right-click on the saved file, and run the file as administrator.
How do I install Windows 8 without a product key?
Skip Product Key Input in Windows 8.1 Setup
- If you are going to install Windows 8.1 using a USB drive, transfer the installation files to the USB and then proceed to step 2. …
- Browse to the /sources folder.
- Look for the ei.cfg file and open it in a text editor such as Notepad or Notepad++ (preferred).
Is Windows 8.1 still safe to use?
If you want to continue to use Windows 8 or 8.1, you can – it’s still very much a safe operating system to use. … Given this tool’s migration capability, it looks like Windows 8/8.1 to Windows 10 migration will be supported at least until January 2023 – but it’s no longer free.
Can I still use Windows 8.1 after 2020?
Windows 8.1 will be supported until 2023. So yes, it is safe to use Windows 8.1 until 2023. After which the support would end and you would have to update to the next version to keep on receiving security and other updates. You can continue using Windows 8.1 for now.
Is Microsoft release Windows 11?
Microsoft is all set to release Windows 11 OS on October 5, but the update won’t include Android app support. … The ability to natively run Android apps on a PC is one of the biggest features of Windows 11 and it seems that users will have to wait a little more for that.
Why was Windows 8 so bad?
Windows 8 came out at a time when Microsoft needed to make a splash with tablets. But because its tablets were forced to run an operating system built for both tablets and traditional computers, Windows 8 has never been a great tablet operating system. As a result, Microsoft fell behind even further in mobile.
How can I change my Windows 7 to Windows 8?
Here’s how to buy a Windows 8.1 upgrade as a direct digital download.
- Navigate to the Windows store, select Buy Windows and “get the upgrade on DVD.”
- Select the appropriate version of Windows.
- Click “Buy and download now.”
- Click Checkout.
- Sign in to your Microsoft account. …
- Enter payment information.
How do I put Windows 8 on a USB?
How to Install Windows 8 or 8.1 From a USB Device
- Create an ISO file from the Windows 8 DVD. …
- Download the Windows USB/DVD download tool from Microsoft and then install it. …
- Start the Windows USB DVD Download Tool program. …
- Select Browse on Step 1 of 4: Choose ISO file screen.