How do you hide part of an object in Illustrator?
Hide or show objects or layers
- In the Layers panel, click the eye icon next to the item you want to hide. …
- Drag across multiple eye icons to hide multiple items.
- Select an object you want to hide, and choose Object > Hide > Selection.
How do you erase part of an image in Illustrator?
All of Illustrator’s tools work on the active selection, so before you can erase anything, you have to choose the parts of the image to erase. Hold down “Shift” while clicking on areas of the image to add to the selection, press “Ctrl,” and then click on an area to remove it from the selection.
How do I make part of an image transparent in Illustrator?
Select an object or group (or target a layer in the Layers panel). To change the opacity of a fill or stroke, select the object, and then select the fill or stroke in the Appearance panel. Set the Opacity option in the Transparency panel or Control panel.
Why can’t I erase part of an image in Illustrator?
Your only option is to open the original file in Illustrator and apply the Eraser tool in that document itself. On the other hand, if you place vector artwork and embed it into your file, you can use the Eraser tool to edit your graphic because embedded art becomes part of the file into which it’s embedded.
How do I turn a clipping mask into an object?
Click on the Clip Group> object to select it. Select no other objects. Then in the pathfinder window, click on the crop button. This produce a regular (no longer a clipping group) with all the vectors objects inside the old clipping group clipped to the old Clip Outline> .
How do you hide lines in Illustrator?
- To show or hide guides, choose View > Guides > Show Guides or View > Guides > Hide Guides.
- To change guide settings, choose Edit > Preferences > Guides & Grid (Windows) or Illustrator > Preferences > Guides & Grid (Mac OS).
- To lock guides, select View > Guides > Lock Guides.
How do I remove part of a picture?
Auto Erase with the Pencil tool
- Specify foreground and background colors.
- Select the Pencil tool .
- Select Auto Erase in the options bar.
- Drag over the image. If the center of the cursor is over the foreground color when you begin dragging, the area is erased to the background color.
How do I make a picture transparent inside?
Make part of a picture transparent
- Double-click the picture, and when Picture Tools appears, click Picture Tools Format > Color.
- Click Set Transparent Color, and when the pointer changes, click the color you want to make transparent.
How do you blend images in Illustrator?
Create a blend with the Make Blend command
- Select the objects you want to blend.
- Choose Object > Blend > Make. Note: By default, Illustrator calculates the optimum number of steps to create a smooth color transition. To control the number of steps or distance between steps, set blending options.
Where is Appearance panel in Illustrator?
How to Use the Appearance Panel in Illustrator. The Appearance panel is located on the right-side toolbar and it allows you to view and adjust all the visual attributes of a selected object without altering its underlying structure.