The Microsoft Illustrations group allows you to insert pictures, shapes, smart art, and charts into your document. These options will enhance the layout and appearance of your documents. Drawing Tools and Picture Tools tabs only appear when a graphic image is selected.
How do you do an illustration in Word?
Add a drawing to a document
- Click in your document where you want to create the drawing.
- On the Insert tab, in the Illustrations group, click Shapes.
- When you find the shape you want to insert, double-click to insert it automatically, or click and drag to draw it in your document.
What are the three types of illustration in Microsoft Word?
- Options. (Edit tab, Picture editor) – The application you want to use as your picture editor, either Microsoft Word or Photo Editor. …
- Shapes. If you add text to an Autoshape the text moves with the shape but will not be rotated or flipped. …
- Inline Shapes. …
- ClipArt. …
What is the illustration group used for in MS Word?
Microsoft Word 2013 Lesson 8
Commands in the Illustrations group enable you to add several types of graphics to enhance your Word Documents, including pictures from your computer, clip art from Office.com, shapes, SmartArt, charts, and screenshots.
What are the different types of illustrations in creating Word documents?
Types of Traditional Illustration
- Woodcutting. …
- Pencil Illustration. …
- Charcoal Illustration. …
- Lithography Illustration. …
- Watercolor Illustration. …
- Acrylic Illustration. …
- Pen and Ink Illustration. …
- Freehand Digital Illustration.
Why is there no shapes in Microsoft Word?
As the issue occurs with specific document, you may recreate the document then save it in a different name. Then reopen the new document and check if the ‘Insert > Shapes’ option is enabled. To create an instance of document, click on the ‘View’ tab > click on ‘New Window’ under ‘Window’ group.
What is the Insert tab in Microsoft Word?
The Insert tab contains various items that you may want to insert into a document. These items include such things as tables, word art, hyperlinks, symbols, charts, signature line, date & time, shapes, header, footer, text boxes, links, boxes, equations and so on.
Which option is supported by Microsoft Word?
To choose your advanced Word options, select File > Options, and on the left pane, select Advanced. Set up the way you select, replace, and format words and paragraphs. Choose how you want to paste content and formatting within the same document or between different documents and apps.
What is section break in MS Word?
Section breaks are used to divide the document into sections. Once section breaks are inserted, you can format each section separately. For example, format a section as a single column for the introduction of a report, and then format the next section as two columns for the report’s body text.
What is link in MS Word?
Adding hyperlinks, also known as links, to text can provide access to websites and email addresses directly from your document. There are a few ways to insert a hyperlink into your document. Depending on how you want the link to appear, you can use Word’s automatic link formatting or convert text into a link.
Why is group not working in Word?
The Group button is unavailable
Only one shape or picture is selected. Make sure you have multiple shapes or pictures selected. If your selection includes a table, worksheet, or GIF image, the Group button will not be available.
How do I group an image and shape in Word?
Group shapes, pictures, or objects
- Press and hold CTRL while you select the shapes, pictures, or objects that you want to group. The Wrap Text option for each object must be other than In line with Text. …
- Go to Drawing Tools or Picture Tools, on the Format tab, in the Arrange group, select Group. , and then select Group.
How do you group objects in Microsoft Word?
Group shapes, pictures, or other objects
- Press and hold CTRL while you click the shapes, pictures, or other objects to group. You will need to select more than one shape, picture or object in order to enable the Group button. …
- Select the Arrange button and choose Group.
How do I know my illustration style?
More videos on YouTube
- Choose a theme. Pick only one theme that excites you the most and focus on drawing them. …
- Build a Reference Library. …
- Define your style. …
- Have a solid sketch. …
- Set realistic deadline. …
- Review and repeat steps.
Where is illustration used?
An illustration is a decoration, interpretation or visual explanation of a text, concept or process, designed for integration in print and digital published media, such as posters, flyers, magazines, books, teaching materials, animations, video games and films.
What are the elements of MS Word?
MS- Word Window Elements
- Title bar.
- Menu Bar.
- Status Bar.
- Scroll Bars.
- Scroll Box.
- Task Pane.