How do I crop a specific area in Photoshop?
Crop to a selection boundary
When you use the Crop command without making a selection, Photoshop Elements trims the image by 50 pixels from each visible edge. Use any selection tool, such as the Rectangular Marquee tool , to select the part of the image you want to keep. Choose Image > Crop.
How do you select and crop an image in Photoshop?
Crop a photo
- From the toolbar, select the Crop Tool . …
- Draw a new cropping area or drag the corner and edge handles to specify the crop boundaries in your photo.
- (Optional) Specify the Crop options using the Control bar. …
- Press Enter (Windows) or Return (Mac OS) to crop the photo.
How do I crop a specific shape?
Crop to a specific shape
- In your file, select the picture that you want to crop to a specific shape.
- Click the Format Picture tab. …
- Under Adjust, click the arrow next to Crop, point to Mask to Shape, point to a type of shape, and then click the shape that you want to crop the picture to.
How do you crop an uneven image?
How to Crop an Image to an Irregular Shape
- Open the image file in your image editor. …
- Double-click on the background layer in the Layers Palette and rename the layer. …
- Use the Lasso Tool to outline the irregular shape that you wish to crop. …
- Open the Image menu and select the “Crop” option.
What is the crop tool?
The Crop Tool is used to crop or clip an image. It works on all the layers of the image, visible and invisible. This tool is often used to remove borders, or to eliminate unwanted areas to provide you with a more focused working area. … To validate cropping, click inside the crop rectangle or press the Enter key.
How do I crop a custom image?
To crop an image to a square or rectangle
- Select your image.
- In the Picture Tools ribbon, select ‘Crop’
- Resize the cropped section using the Black V handles that appear, resize the image itself by using the white circle handles, and move the image within the cropped area by dragging the image itself.
How do I select an image in Photoshop?
Photoshop automatically selects the object inside the defined region. Add to the selection: Hold the Shift key or select Add To Selection in the options bar, then draw a new rectangle or a lasso around the missing region. Repeat this process for all the missing regions you want to add to the selection.
How do I crop a shape in Canva?
Double-click any photo or select it and click the “Crop” button and we’ll draw a box around the portion that will be cropped. Resize or scale your photo and the cropped area by pulling the anchors on the corners, then click the checkmark once you’re done.
How do I crop a picture to a specific size?
To do this, check the box marked ‘Expand from center’ above the ‘Fixed’ label in the tool options, and then make your selection by clicking on the point you want centered. In the menu bar at the top of your screen, click on Image > Crop to selection. Save your cropped image.
How do you freehand crop a photo?
Start croping an image to a rectangle
- Select your image.
- In the Picture Tools Format ribbon click Crop button. The black cropping handles will appears.
- Then resize: the cropped section using the cropping handles; …
- Click Crop button again to crop image.