Load up either one of the masks as a selection, by holding CMD (CTRL) and left clicking on the mask. With the loaded selection, right click on the second mask, and the menu shown in the image appears. Chose the option to Intersect Mask With Selection to combine the two masks into one.
How do I combine layer masks?
- Control + Click on the first layer mask… loads it as a selection.
- Control + Shift + Click on the second layer mask adds that mask to the selection.
- Hit the button to create a new layer mask.
How do I merge vector masks in Photoshop?
Shift-click to add a second path to your selection. Click on the “Combine” button in the Options bar to merge the paths into one. Click on the “Add a Vector Mask” button at the top right of the Masks panel to turn your paths into a mask for your current layer.
How do you add one mask to another in Photoshop?
Apply a layer mask from another layer
- To move the mask to another layer, drag the mask to the other layer.
- To duplicate the mask, Alt-drag (Win) or Option-drag (Mac) the mask to the other layer.
How do you combine layer masks in Photoshop?
What you learned: Make a creative composite by combining images using a layer mask
- Start with a document that has at least two images, each on a separate layer. Select the top image layer in the Layers panel.
- Click the Add layer mask button in the Layers panel. This adds a white layer mask to the selected layer.
How do I mask an image layer?
To Use Applied Layer Masks
- Create an Adjustment Layer and Select the Layer Mask. Create an Adjustment Layer and then select the Layer Mask by clicking on the mask.
- Select Image > Apply Image. …
- Choose the Layer You Want to Apply to the Mask. …
- Choose the Blending Mode. …
- Make Adjustments to the Applied Layer Mask.
What is the difference between a vector mask and a layer mask?
A layer mask also known as a pixel mask is a resolution dependent image created with the painting and selection tools, whilst a vector mask is a resolution independent object created with the pen or a shape tool that contains anchor points.
Can you Vectorise in Photoshop?
Photoshop also supports vector, or path-based, elements, including live type and other forms of imagery. When you want to convert a bitmapped element to vector paths, you can use several techniques to create elements more reminiscent of a drawing program like Adobe Illustrator than of an image editor like Photoshop.
How do I merge a shaped image in Photoshop?
Method #2: Paste Into. Photoshop Layer Mask technique
- With the photo on the layer above the shape, Press Cmd/Ctrl+A to select all. Press Cmd/Ctrl+C to copy the photo to the clipboard.
- Hide the image layer and select the shape on the background. Choose Select>Color Range. …
- Click ok and the shape is now selected.
Why does Photoshop say selected area empty?
You get that message because the selected part of the layer you are working on is empty..
How do I turn a layer mask into a selection?
In order to load a layer mask as a selection, Command-click (PC: Ctrl-click) on the layer mask thumbnail in the Layers panel.
How do I combine two pictures without Photoshop?
With these easy-to-use online tools, you can combine photos vertically or horizontally, with or without a border, and all for free.
- PineTools. PineTools lets you quickly and easily merge two photos into a single picture. …
- IMGonline. …
- OnlineConvertFree. …
- PhotoFunny. …
- Make Photo Gallery. …
- Photo Joiner.
How can I merge two photos together?
Combine two or more photos into one composition in minutes.
How to combine images.
- Upload your images. …
- Combine images with a premade template. …
- Use the layout tool to combine images. …
- Customize to perfection.