Erasing Text: Choose “Type” > “Create Outlines” from the top menu to convert your text into an outline, and then use the Eraser tool. You won’t be able to change the text content after doing this, because it will no longer have Type attributes.
Why can I not erase in Illustrator?
The Adobe Illustrator Eraser tool has no effect whatsoever on Illustrator’s Symbols. If you try to edit what looks like a regular Illustrator object but can’t use the Eraser tool to alter it, open the Symbols panel and make sure your object isn’t a Symbol.
How do you erase in Illustrator 2020?
Erase objects using the Eraser tool
- Do one of the following: To erase specific objects, select the objects or open the objects in isolation mode. …
- Select the Eraser tool .
- (Optional) Double-click the Eraser tool and specify options.
- Drag over the area you want to erase.
Why is my eraser tool painting in Illustrator?
This happens when the layer that you are attempting to apply the eraser is not converted to smart object. – Erase to your heart’s content. I hope this helps. Try turning off ‘erase to history’ .. that fixed it for me.
How do I convert an image to a vector in Illustrator?
Here’s how to easily convert a raster image into a vector image using the Image Trace tool in Adobe Illustrator:
- With the image open in Adobe Illustrator, select Window > Image Trace. …
- With the image selected, check the Preview box. …
- Select the Mode drop down menu, and choose the mode that best suits your design.
How do you select and delete in Illustrator?
Do one of the following:
- Select the objects and then press Backspace (Windows) or Delete.
- Select the objects and then choose Edit > Clear or Edit > Cut.
- Select the items you want to delete in the Layers panel, and then click the Delete icon .
How do you edit lines in Illustrator?
Edit paths you draw
- Select anchor points. Select the Direct Selection tool and click a path to see its anchor points. …
- Add and remove anchor points. …
- Convert points between corner and smooth. …
- Add or remove direction handles with the Anchor Point tool. …
- Edit with the Curvature tool.
What is Eraser tool?
The eraser is basically a brush which erases pixels as you drag it across the image. Pixels are erased to transparency, or the background colour if the layer is locked. When you select the eraser tool, you have various options available in the toolbar: … Flow: Determines how quickly the erasure is applied by the brush.
How do I change the opacity of a eraser in Illustrator?
Tap and hold the Size or Opacity buttons to change your brushes. Color lets you access the color picker, app themes and colors from your CC library. Double-tap the eraser to change its size. Zoom in and out using pinch gestures.
How do you get rid of eraser stroke in Illustrator?
Click the two points to indicate the part of the stroke that you want to remove. Select the Selection Tool ( ) from the toolbar or press the keyboard shortcut (v). Click the part that you cut with Scissors Tool and press the delete or backspace key.