Bazil Zieel181 подписчикПодписатьсяhow to cut out a shape or picture in illustrator?
How do I get rid of intersecting lines in Illustrator?
- Expand your lines (Object>Expand…). …
- Draw a shape intersecting the areas you want to delete. …
- Using the Selection Tool, select your object and every line you want to intersect. …
- Under the Pathfinder menu (Window>Pathfinder), select Divide. …
- Ungroup your objects.
Why can’t I erase part of an image in Illustrator?
Your only option is to open the original file in Illustrator and apply the Eraser tool in that document itself. On the other hand, if you place vector artwork and embed it into your file, you can use the Eraser tool to edit your graphic because embedded art becomes part of the file into which it’s embedded.
How do I cut a shape out of another shape in Photoshop?
- Hold down the Command/Ctrl key and click the layer thumbnail for the arrow in the Layers Panel. This will load the arrow shape as a selection.
- Choose Select > Inverse from the menu to invert the selection.
- Highlight the Star layer in the Layers Panel.
- Click the New Mask icon at the bottom of the Layers Panel.
How do you smooth lines in Illustrator?
Using the Smooth Tool
- Scribble or draw a rough path with the paintbrush or pencil.
- Keep the path selected and select the smooth tool.
- Click then drag the smooth tool across your selected path.
- Repeat the steps until you get the result you want.
How do I trace and cut in Illustrator?
First, select the “Knife” tool from the main Illustrator toolbar. Depending on the version you have of Illustrator, it may be paired with the “Eraser” tool or the “Scissors” tool. Now, click and drag to draw a path along the object or image you are working with. This will dissect the object into two and create a cut.
How do I connect lines in Illustrator?
To join one or more open paths, use the Selection tool to select the open paths and click Object > Path > Join. You can also use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+J (Windows) or Cmd+J (Mac). When anchor points are not overlapping, Illustrator adds a line segment to bridge the paths to join.
How do you erase in Illustrator 2020?
Erase objects using the Eraser tool
- Do one of the following: To erase specific objects, select the objects or open the objects in isolation mode. …
- Select the Eraser tool .
- (Optional) Double-click the Eraser tool and specify options.
- Drag over the area you want to erase.
Why is my eraser tool painting in Illustrator?
This happens when the layer that you are attempting to apply the eraser is not converted to smart object. – Erase to your heart’s content. I hope this helps. Try turning off ‘erase to history’ .. that fixed it for me.
How do I remove part of a picture?
Auto Erase with the Pencil tool
- Specify foreground and background colors.
- Select the Pencil tool .
- Select Auto Erase in the options bar.
- Drag over the image. If the center of the cursor is over the foreground color when you begin dragging, the area is erased to the background color.