How do I enable Refine Edge in Photoshop?
The Refine Edge tool is available from both the Photoshop menu bar and the right-click context menu.
- Make a selection in your file in Photoshop. …
- Once the selection is active (you see the “marching ants” around the selection), open the Refine Edge window by right-clicking the selection and choosing Refine Edge.
Where is the Refine Edge on Photoshop 2020?
In Photoshop CC, the Refine Edge tool can be found in the “Select and Mask” area. In PS 6 it can be found in the top toolbar of any selection tool.
Why can’t I find Refine Edge in Photoshop CC?
This will duplicate the layer – add your mask and turn off the original layer.To get to the old refine edge, you need to have a selection made then go to the select menu and hold down the shift key whilst clicking on Select and Mask in the menu.
What happened to refine edge in Photoshop?
Refine Edge worked great, and everyone was happy. But in Photoshop CC 2015.5, Adobe replaced Refine Edge with Select and Mask, a new all-in-one workspace for both making and refining selections. Adobe claimed that Select and Mask was better than Refine Edge, but not everyone agreed.
How do you refine edges in Photopea?
Photopea offers the Refine Edge Tool, which can help you with selecting complex shapes. You can start it by choosing Select – Refine Edge, or by clicking the “Refine Edge” button in the top panel of any selection tool.
How do I feather edges in Photoshop 2020?
To feather an image, follow these steps:
- Create a selection. For the nonfeathered image shown on top use the Elliptical Marquee tool to make a selection. …
- Choose Select→Modify→Feather.
- In the Feather dialog box that appears, type a value in the Feather Radius text field, and then click OK.
What can you do with the Refine Edge command in Photoshop?
Photoshop anatomy: the Refine Edge box tool explained
- View mode. Start by choosing a view that shows the best contrast between subject and background. …
- Edge detection. The Radius slider lets you expand the area of refinement along the edge in which the command will include or exclude pixels. …
- Refine radius tool. …
- Show radius. …
- Adjust edge. …
- Decontaminate colours. …