To move a catalog between a Windows computer and a Mac, copy your catalog, preview, and image files from the original computer onto an external drive. Then, attach the drive to the second computer and copy the files to the desired location on the second computer.
How do I change my Lightroom catalog location?
How To Move A Lightroom Catalog
- Step 1: Locate And Access Your Lightroom Catalog. Before you can move a Lightroom catalog, you need to find it. …
- Step 2: Select Your Catalog And Move It To A New Location. …
- Step 3: Open The Catalog From It’s New Location. …
- Step 4: Confirm It’s New Location.
How do I move my Lightroom library?
When you address each component separately, the whole process becomes very logical and uncomplicated.
- Step 1: Install Lightroom. …
- Step 2: Migrate Your Photo Library. …
- Step 3: Migrate the Lightroom Catalog. …
- Step 4: Copy Configuration, Settings, and Presets. …
- Step 5: Re-link the New Catalog with the Photo Library.
How do I move my Lightroom catalog to an external hard drive?
From the Folders panel, click on a folder that you want to put on the external drive and drag it from your internal drive to the new folder you just created. Click the Move button and Lightroom transfers everything over to the external drive, with no extra effort required on your part.
Do you need to keep old Lightroom catalogs?
So…the answer would be that once you’ve upgraded to Lightroom 5 and you’re happy with everything, yes, you could go ahead and delete the older catalogs. Unless you plan on reverting back to Lightroom 4, you’ll never use it. And since Lightroom 5 made a copy of the catalog, it’ll never use it again either.
Where is my Lightroom catalog saved?
By default, Lightroom places its Catalogs in My Pictures folder (Windows). To find them, go to C:Users[USER NAME]My PicturesLightroom. If you’re a Mac user, Lightroom will place its default Catalog in [USER NAME]PicturesLightroom folder.
How do I move photos from one Lightroom catalog to another?
How do I merge two catalogs or import folders from another catalog?
- Choose File > Open Catalog and select the catalog that you want as the master (or primary) catalog. …
- Choose File > Import From Another Catalog and navigate to the catalog that contains the photos you want to add from.
Can I delete old Lightroom catalog backups?
Delete a catalog backup
To delete a backup, locate the backup folder and identify the backup folders to delete and go ahead and delete them. You will find your catalog backups, if you didn’t change the default location for them, in a folder called Backups inside your Lightroom catalog folder.
Should Lightroom catalog be on external drive?
Your photos must be stored on the external drive. Once the catalog is opened from either computer, changes to the photo are saved to the catalog and can be seen from both devices.
Why do I have multiple Lightroom catalogs?
One Catalog Makes It Easier To Find Images Quickly
Keywording your photos is probably the best way to organize your photos. The biggest benefit to keywording is that a single photo can fit multiple keywords. And when you use keywords well, having one catalog allows you to make the best possible use of keywords.
What happens if you delete Lightroom catalog?
This file contains your previews for imported photos. If you delete it, you’ll lose the previews. That’s not as bad as it sounds, because Lightroom will generate previews for photos without them. This will slightly slow down the program.
How do I merge Lightroom catalogs?
How to Merge Lightroom Catalogs
- Start, by opening the catalog you want to have as your ‘master’ catalog.
- Then go to File in the top menu, then down to ‘Import from Another Catalog’ and click.
- Find the catalog you want to merge with the one you already have open. …
- Click on the file that ends in .
Why does my Lightroom look different?
I get this questions more than you might think, and it’s actually an easy answer: It’s because we’re using different versions of Lightroom, but both of them are current, up-to-date versions of Lightroom. Both share many of the same features, and the main difference between the two is how your images are stored.