Select the area you want to fill. To fill an entire layer, select the layer in the Layers panel. Choose Edit > Fill to fill the selection or layer. Or to fill a path, select the path, and choose Fill Path from the Paths panel menu.
How do I fill a selection with color in Photoshop?
- Create your selection on a layer.
- Select a fill color as the foreground or background color. Choose Window→Color. In the Color panel, use the color sliders to mix your desired color.
- Choose Edit→Fill. The Fill dialog box appears. …
- Click OK. The color that you choose fills the selection.
How do I edit a selected area in Photoshop?
Expand or contract a selection by a specific number of pixels
- Use a selection tool to make a selection.
- Choose Select > Modify > Expand or Contract.
- For Expand By or Contract By, enter a pixel value between 1 and 100, and click OK. The border is increased or decreased by the specified number of pixels.
How do I crop a specific area in Photoshop?
To make a crop selection, hold down the left mouse button and drag a rectangle across the image.
- With the pointer inside the selection, double-click your mouse.
- With the pointer outside the selection, right-click the mouse and select Crop.
- Open the Image menu and select Crop.
Where is the fill tool in Photoshop 2020?
The fill tool is located in your Photoshop toolbar on the side of your screen. At first glance, it looks like an image of a bucket of paint. You’ll need to click on the paint bucket icon to activate the fill tool.
What is Ctrl +J in Photoshop?
Using Ctrl + Click on a layer without a mask will select the non-transparent pixels in that layer. Ctrl + J (New Layer Via Copy) — Can be used to duplicate the active layer into a new layer. If a selection is made, this command will only copy the selected area into the new layer.
How do I change the color of a shape in Photoshop 2020?
To change a shape’s color, double-click the color thumbnail on the left in the shape layer or click the Set Color box on the Options bar across the top of the Document window. The Color Picker appears.
What is the shortcut to fill a layer in Photoshop?
To fill a Photoshop layer or selected area with the foreground color, use the keyboard shortcut Alt+Backspace in Windows or Option+Delete on a Mac.
Where is modify in Photoshop?
Photoshop has other tools to modify a selection which you’ll find, appropriately enough, in the Select menu, under Modify. The options include Border, Smooth, Expand, Contract and Feather. They’re all relatively simple, but useful nonetheless.
How do I edit the lasso tool selection?
Select with the Polygonal Lasso tool
- Select the Polygonal Lasso tool , and select options.
- Specify one of the selection options in the options bar. …
- (Optional) Set feathering and anti-aliasing in the options bar. …
- Click in the image to set the starting point.
- Do one or more of the following: …
- Close the selection border:
How do I edit a quick selection in Photoshop?
Quick Selection tool
- Select the Quick Selection tool . …
- In the options bar, click one of the selection options: New, Add To, or Subtract From. …
- To change the brush tip size, click the Brush pop-up menu in the options bar, and type in a pixel size or drag the slider. …
- Choose Quick Selection options:
How do I crop a custom image?
Crop to a specific shape
- In your file, select the picture that you want to crop to a specific shape.
- Click the Format Picture tab. …
- Under Adjust, click the arrow next to Crop, point to Mask to Shape, point to a type of shape, and then click the shape that you want to crop the picture to.
How do I crop a picture to a specific size?
In the main options menu bar at the top of your screen, click on Image > Crop, and your image will be cropped to the selection you made.
How do you crop an uneven image?
How to Crop an Image to an Irregular Shape
- Open the image file in your image editor. …
- Double-click on the background layer in the Layers Palette and rename the layer. …
- Use the Lasso Tool to outline the irregular shape that you wish to crop. …
- Open the Image menu and select the “Crop” option.