Select the object you want to save/export and then hit Command-Option-Shift-3 (Mac) or Ctrl-Alt-Shift-3 (Win). This will hide everything which is not selected. Save/Export, then hit Command-Option-3 (Mac) or Ctrl-Alt-3 (Win) to show everything again.
How do I export an object in Illustrator?
- Choose File > Export.
- Select a location for the file, and enter a filename.
- Select a format from the Save As Type (Windows) or Format (Mac OS) pop‑up menu.
- Click Save (Windows) or Export (Mac OS).
How do I export multiple selections in Illustrator?
Click File> Export > Export for Screens. Select artwork and click File > Export Selection.
- All. Select all artboards. …
- Range. Select individual artboards to export, from those available in the document. …
- Full Document.
How do I export a package from Illustrator cs6?
Using the Collect for Output script:
- Open the document that you want to package/collect for output.
- On the menu, go File > Scripts > Other Script.
- The execute script panel will pop up. …
- Choose CollectForOutput. …
- Now follow the directions (it will ask to save the document first and then for a destination folder)
How do I export objects separately in Illustrator?
- Open the Asset Export Window (I like to keep it on my right side panel for easy access)
- Select everything you would like to save out to a separate art board by itself in a new file.
- Drag it into the panel.
- Make the selection to export as SVG.
How do I export a selection?
Select the object you want to save/export and then hit Command-Option-Shift-3 (Mac) or Ctrl-Alt-Shift-3 (Win). This will hide everything which is not selected. Save/Export, then hit Command-Option-3 (Mac) or Ctrl-Alt-3 (Win) to show everything again. Select a new objects and repeat.
How do I export a vector file in Illustrator?
Step 1: Go to File > Export. Step 2: Name your new file and choose the folder/location you want to save to. Step 3: Open the dropdown called Save As Type/Format (Windows/Mac) and select a vector file format, such as EPS, SVG, AI or another option. Step 4: Click on the Save/Export button (Windows/Mac).
How do I save a high resolution PNG in Illustrator?
How to Save an Illustrator File as a PNG
- Go to File > Export > Export for Screens.
- Select the Artboards tab. …
- Under Formats, set Format to PNG and Scale to 1x.
- Click Add Scale. …
- Add more sizes if you need them.
- Click Export Artboard to save your images.
Why would you use the Save Selection command illustrator?
If you frequently select the same elements in a document, you can save yourself some time by saving the selection with a name of your choice. After you save a selection, the saved selection name appears as a menu command at the bottom of the Select menu.
Can you package a file in Illustrator?
Choose File > Package to copy the Illustrator (AI) document, fonts used, and any linked graphics. In the Package dialog box, choose a location for the folder Illustrator creates, to copy the packaged content into. Change the name of the folder if needed. Click Package and then click OK.
How do I zip a file in Illustrator?
Go to your desktop and select all of your files. Right-click the files and scroll down to compress. This creates a zip file with all of your files in it. To change the name of your zip file, make sure your zip file is selected and click on Archive.
How do I link a file in Illustrator?
Choose File > Place, and select the text file you want to place. Select Link to create a link to the file, or deselect Link to embed the artwork in the Illustrator document. Click Place.
What is export for screens in Illustrator?
Illustrator’s new Export for Screens command (File > Export > Export for Screens) allows users to easily export all or specific artboards to a number of different formats including . png, . … One for exporting the artboards in a document and the other for exporting specific assets in an Illustrator document.