Why can’t I Enable layer mask?
It’s greyed out because your layer doesn’t currently have a mask, so there is nothing to enable.To create a new layer mask, select your layer and click the Layer Mask icon in at the bottom of the Layers panel.
Where is the Mask button in Photoshop?
Create a layer mask
Select a layer in the Layers panel. Click the Add layer mask button at the bottom of the Layers panel. A white layer mask thumbnail appears on the selected layer, revealing everything on the selected layer.
How do I turn the selection into a mask?
Press Ctrl+Alt+R (Windows) or Cmd+Option+R (Mac). Enable a selection tool, such as Quick Selection, Magic Wand, or Lasso. Now, click Select and Mask in the Options bar.
What is the difference between a layer mask and a clipping mask?
Clipping masks also allow you to hide portions of an image, but these masks are created with multiple layers, where as, layer masks only use a single layer. A clipping mask is a shape that masks other artwork and only reveals what lies within the shape.
How do you create a layer mask in Photoshop cs6?
Choose Layer→Layer Mask→Reveal Selection or Hide Selection. You can also click the Add layer mask button in the Layers panel to create a mask that reveals the selection. Finally, you can create a mask from the transparent areas of your image. The transparent areas are filled with black on the layer mask.
How do you mask a layer?
Add layer masks
- Make sure that no part of your image is selected. Choose Select > Deselect.
- In the Layers panel, select the layer or group.
- Do one of the following: To create a mask that reveals the entire layer, click the Add Layer Mask button in the Layers panel, or choose Layer > Layer Mask > Reveal All.
Why is my layer mask white?
The white on the mask completely reveals the texture layer. The black on the mask completely conceals the texture layer, and the gray makes the layer partially visible.
How do I reset a layer mask in Photoshop?
Step 2: Restore Default Settings
In ImageReady, you can reset the layer mask tool by clicking on “Edit” followed by “Preferences” and then “General”. You will then choose “Reset All Tools”.
What is the mask tool in Photoshop?
Using the Type Mask tool in Photoshop Elements epitomizes the combination of type and image. The Type Mask tool doesn’t create a new layer. Instead, it creates a selection on the active layer. … The Type Mask tool enables you to cut type out of solid color or image layers.
How do I add an image to a layer mask?
To Use Applied Layer Masks
- Create an Adjustment Layer and Select the Layer Mask. Create an Adjustment Layer and then select the Layer Mask by clicking on the mask.
- Select Image > Apply Image. …
- Choose the Layer You Want to Apply to the Mask. …
- Choose the Blending Mode.
Why does Photoshop say selected area empty?
You get that message because the selected part of the layer you are working on is empty..
What command makes a clipping mask?
Create a clipping mask
Hold down Alt (Option in Mac OS), position the pointer over the line dividing two layers in the Layers panel (the pointer changes to two overlapping circles), and then click. In the Layers panel, select the top layer of a pair of layers you want to group, and choose Layer > Create Clipping Mask.
How do I turn a selection into a layer?
Convert a selection into a new layer
- Choose Layer > New > Layer Via Copy to copy the selection into a new layer.
- Choose Layer > New > Layer Via Cut to cut the selection and paste it into a new layer.